It is currently 17 May 2024, 15:04

Has anyone seen this??

• Author

Handy

Techie

Techie

Has anyone seen this??

Post17 Jul 2007, 23:04

The same person has uploaded a similar video on the P3 too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMovzxGbZIs

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

: Has anyone seen this??

Post17 Jul 2007, 23:54

Did now.Thanks.Not sure where the music symbolism leads.Poor guy must have never bought a worker in all these years.

My video will show using a jackhammer and driving a nail into plywood, and yes hurling it at a rug surfaced brick wall at 90 mph!,boiled in water,frozen on ice,even run over with car on the Syncronarâ„¢ MK III or MK IV model if built to right specs.

Only then it will speak for itself.
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

Handy

Techie

Techie

Post18 Jul 2007, 00:16

Hi Howard,
That case design is simply excellent and timeless.
Can't wait to get one.
Cheers,
Ian

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post18 Jul 2007, 00:24

Thanks Handy! an ounce of encouragment is all I need sometimes you are this months winner!

Beleive it or not there is of all things A SOLAR LED ROAD STUD that uses a similar case construction to be run over.I have jokingly called it a MK 7 but can't figure why they photographed it in a plantation field instead of a road??

Handy

Techie

Techie

Post18 Jul 2007, 00:32

It always amazes me that you haven't sold out of them Howard.
I think that they are THE watch to own if you want to be a member of a fairly exclusive club.
The design is totally timeless.
The new NiMh cells should last better than the older NiCd cells and I would think that Varta have greatly improved their sealing techniques since the 1970s.

Cheers,
Ian

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post18 Jul 2007, 00:57

Have to save the best for last.Meanwhile I sell slight flaw 1/2 price retro versions to meet that market need.

CHEERS!

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post18 Jul 2007, 01:15

WE REALLY CAN'T BE SO FAST TO BLAME THE BATTERIES.PEOPLE NEED TO STOP AND UNDERSTAND THAT POTTING COMPOUNDS,EPOXIES ON THE TAPE UNDER MK II SOLAR CELLS,CHEMICAL REACTIONS ON CETRTAIN METAL SURFACES USED,LEAKS OF WATER INTO THE PCB ALL PLAY THEIR PART IN INITIATING BATTERY PROBLEMS IN THE PAST.

THE ONLY TIME THEY WILL SIGNIFICANTLY VENT IS IF THEY ARE OVERLOADED WHICH WOULD NEVER OCCUR HAD ONE OF THE ABOVE NOT HAPPENED.

LiquidLed

Techie

Techie

Re: : Has anyone seen this??

Post25 Jul 2007, 00:20

Synchroserious wrote: My video will show using a jackhammer and driving a nail into plywood, and yes hurling it at a rug surfaced brick wall at 90 mph!,boiled in water,frozen on ice,even run over with car on the Syncronarâ„¢ MK III or MK IV model if built to right specs.

Howard - don't give all your repair techniques away :wink:

The Synchronar (and the p3) was a simple vid for my dad as he lives 300 miles away in Bristol, sorry made them public! gone now so no worries

+ I'm not a poor guy, I do drive one of these Image + you gave me a fine comment on this very watch in Ning(My wrist watch) on the 9/9/06. Watch is a worker, just full of fluff 'n' stuff and the strap has become a bit manky

Music is Tangerine Dream from that era, all analogue :D top stuff Ricochet live!
check out the plates of spaghetti (patch cables) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QXc5duq-4 but a bit flaky this vid :-(

Cheers
Geoff
It is here! It is now!

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post25 Jul 2007, 18:40

Wait a minute now I had nothing to do with your video removal and was not intending to complain to anyone.I just commented that the music was sad(sorry for the use of the word poor).Otherwise it was cool,just seemed like a lot of air time looking at the green magnets,(hey it is safe to clean them)instead of a display lit up.Never saw any negative post by you regarding the Synchronar or my situation.Besides I never was told that they were your vids until I read your post.Keep cool with that nice ride.Besides Synchronar's I am sure you have more toys than me.

p.s what does the Synchronar shock proof video proof have to do with repair techniques?I think it is a flamatory remark that I would only expect from an enemy.

LiquidLed

Techie

Techie

Post25 Jul 2007, 18:58

Synchroserious wrote:Wait a minute now I had nothing to do with your video removal and was not intending to complain to anyone.I just commented that the music was sad(sorry for the use of the word poor).Otherwise it was cool,just seemed like a lot of air time looking at the green magnets,(hey it is safe to clean them)instead of a display lit up.Never saw any negative post by you regarding the Synchronar or my situation.Besides I never was told that they were your vids until I read your post.Keep cool with that nice ride.Besides Synchronar's I am sure you have more toys than me.

Im cool, maybe just a bit embarrassed, and I was a bit tongue in cheek here :oops: - my bad. These where photos taken as I dissasembled the watch - so I can put it back together. Q. How do you take a photo of the display as my focus struggles with the deep set back display, I get great sharp photos of case edge grrrrr :( (and my fingers!)

Ye Tangerine Dream - awesome (but do take a while to get into) what they did in the early years is awesome - best servered in a darkened room... alone!

Cheers for the pointer on the magnets :)

Geoff
It is here! It is now!

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post25 Jul 2007, 19:33

Did you know of the seller at ebay about a year ago that used your picture?Think I saw it online as well.I saw it and thought it was you selling the watch or you had lent the photo.I am the wrong person to ask on photos.It took me almost a year to realize I needed no flash and to look for a flower to appear on the LCD(macro mode).As in up close photo of a flower.My camera usually adjusts all the shutter speeds and such accordingly.I aim to line up the green outline box right on the display.

Again this is rookie camera guy advice.

Higgie

Site Sponsor

Site Sponsor

Post25 Jul 2007, 20:57

Hint: use a large magnet to activate the display, works great on Synchronars and Pulsars.
The picture below was taken minutes ago with my cell-phone in macro-mode.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post25 Jul 2007, 21:18

Very nice photo Hig,especially for a camera phone.The magnet trick is definetly a plus on photos and as being a third hand on setting some early Synchronar's.However keep in mind without the top on covering the internals the big mag can suddenly SLAM into the unit(by bye reed switch) usually because the Batteries are magnetically attracted.I once used a stong magnet for show on an ebay kit module but I should warn against it when the case is off.Also I am very scared to use a high power magnet on the left side or any where near the very old Quartz cystal inside.
So just keep in mind a strong magnet can magnetize the batteries and the can of a QC if you let it get too close.thus having a slight effect of how sensitive the switches are.In fact switches near the battery on MK III and MK IV are deliberatly more sensitive to a small magnet because of the metal interfearences of the proximity to the battery.

So it may be best to simply use a small piece of plastic(or section of toothpick) to wedge the slider in the direction you want.
Last edited by Synchroserious on 25 Jul 2007, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post25 Jul 2007, 21:24

Also very important here> Once you use a high power magnet from the outside you will need to many times re- magnetize the ity bitty ones that have been altered from the presense of the larger one.

Higgie

Site Sponsor

Site Sponsor

Post25 Jul 2007, 21:45

Howard,
you are partially right, but in order to magnetize metal you have to make a constant motion in the same direction with a large magnet. My magnet looks large, but it is not very magnetic. The distance in the picture is just close enough to activate the reed. I also rotated the large magnet so the fields " correspond " with the field in the smaller magnet. So the fields are both in the same direction, and the larger field is not destroying the smaller magnet.
Well i do this all the time with my Pulsar-pictures, and all the buttons are still working fine.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post25 Jul 2007, 21:55

Oh no problem and my posts are not meant for any glory of being right about something.Some live by this train of thought but any glory goes to RWR not me!

It is paramount that you mention how you took the magnetic fields into considerstion when placing the larger but not super strength magnet near the others.Some people would see it and think it is okay to just manuever the magnet carlessly all about with no regard for anything until they get a display and that is all I meant to bring to light.Thanks for mentioning the care that is needed on where and how you place the larger magnet.

Higgie

Site Sponsor

Site Sponsor

Post25 Jul 2007, 22:04

Well, i don't recommend using a neodymium magnet, but i have one and this one activates Pulsars from a distance of about 50 cm.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post25 Jul 2007, 22:10

Not sure about the pulsar magnets or what they have to do with this discussion.If you took the same magnet and placed it in the wrong area at 40cm it would alter the strength of the little magnet yes?

Higgie

Site Sponsor

Site Sponsor

Post25 Jul 2007, 22:25

Synchroserious wrote:Not sure about the pulsar magnets or what they have to do with this discussion.If you took the same magnet and placed it in the wrong area at 40cm it would alter the strength of the little magnet yes?

No it doesn't with Pulsars, not even if you place them on top of each other.
(I tried this to remagnetize a button in a Pulsar.) You really have to make a circular motion to influence the field of the smaller magnet.
Not sure about synchronars, i think these use other magnets.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post25 Jul 2007, 22:30

Well how did so many Pulsar and Synchronar magnets become deemed useless weak and worn out a few years ago?

In real life nothing is permanent.Not permanent engagements or hair perms nor permanent magnets! :lol:

p.s after edit I think I have temporarily remembered how to spell permanent. :oops:

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton