P1 "wear-test" promo worn by head of R&D John Bergey

• Author

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: P1 "wear-test" promo worn by head of R&D John Bergey

Post08 Aug 2015, 23:49

Timecollector wrote:
Mr Frequency 32768hz wrote:It will be interesting to analyse the two watches I won when they arrive. I have never seen this bracelet construction on a regular gold-fill Executive or Date command, ( Has anyone else ) ?

This is the only pic I can find of my first GF P3 Date Command with that older style bracelet. I have seen a few others that had this style bracelet but are not as common as the more common large fold over ends.

Oops. Found another pic. This was the auction pic I saved before I owned it. I have since sold the watch.

I have owned many GF Date Commands, but cant remember ever owning one with this bracelet. Or I have never paid close attention until now.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post09 Aug 2015, 01:11

One of my 7725s (Pulse-Time, 14K solid gold) came with this style bracelet. I've always wondered how such an early type bracelet ended up on such a late-model watch. Two of my 3130s also came this way, but at last that made sense, since the Date/Command was the model this bracelet was designed for. I have never seen an original Executive with this type bracelet.

Brightlightredlight

Geek

Geek

Post09 Aug 2015, 17:55

My 3130 also has this early style bracelet. Must not be all that uncommon. :-D

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post09 Aug 2015, 19:14

So maybe this Executive is a very early example having this bracelet construction and with a 00008 serial number ? I will check the clasp date stamp when I receive it.

Timecollector

Techie

Techie

Post10 Aug 2015, 00:33

Just as an observation, that P4 you bought seems to have drilled holes that hold the link pin in place instead of a spring pin that P4's have. And the link that is held in place on the case isn't designed like the normal links that go on P4's .

Normal link & spring pin for a P4. There is a specific cut out for removing the spring pin on these two pics. The above pic looks to have been drilled out and a regular snug fit pin passed through the case securing the bracelet link. That end link is not designed like the ones below. Just an observation! :Hi:

And solid link design.

Brightlightredlight

Geek

Geek

Post10 Aug 2015, 02:42

Great detective work Timecollector. Shows you really know your Pulsars. You may be the new go to guy. :Prost:

Timecollector

Techie

Techie

Post10 Aug 2015, 03:19

Brightlightredlight wrote:Great detective work Timecollector. Shows you really know your Pulsars. You may be the new go to guy. :Prost:

Nope, just a W.A.G!!! :Hi:

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post15 Aug 2015, 13:23

I attended the live auction and the watches were stunning in person. To actually be able to hold these watches was fantastic. I was pretty shocked to see the prices these ended up going for, especially the watches that did not have any significance. Cosmetically they were not in the best of shape. I was also confused how the calculator watch was untested? What they tested a couple and then gave up? Sounded a little fishy to me. The auction seemed very unorganized as well, it appeared to be one of their first times hosting an auction. I was curious about the starburst bezel P3. I'm guessing that was not produced that way?

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post15 Aug 2015, 13:35

It was not. The only special finish offered on any Time Computer watch was the Florentine Dress model 7409 in 14K solid gold. This P3 watch was offered on eBay last year, sold for about $280, if memory serves correctly. A novelty, but not a rarity. I was bidding on the P1 stuff through eBay, but the prices got silly. They lost me at $2500 for the Salesman's Sample, and $750 on the dead modules.

PG101

Techie

Techie

Post18 Aug 2015, 23:49

So did nobody from this forum, or any visitors to the forum buy the Salesman's P1, or the modules? Sounds a bit dodgy to me !@@!

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post19 Aug 2015, 01:14

Mr Frequency 32768hz wrote:So maybe this Executive is a very early example having this bracelet construction and with a 00008 serial number ? I will check the clasp date stamp when I receive it.

The serial number is actually 900085 or 86..can't quite tell for sure, as the last digit is stamped very lightly. Again, this case back properly belongs on the "roundface" Executive, which, as far as I can tell, is only known in stainless steel (there was a lengthy discussion of this case style in another thread). Highest serial I've seen is 906564, so, there are a fair number out there. This variation has inspired little collectors' interest, and so carries a minimal premium, if any, over the standard case model.

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post19 Aug 2015, 21:11

bruce wegmann wrote:
Mr Frequency 32768hz wrote:So maybe this Executive is a very early example having this bracelet construction and with a 00008 serial number ? I will check the clasp date stamp when I receive it.

The serial number is actually 900085 or 86..can't quite tell for sure, as the last digit is stamped very lightly. Again, this case back properly belongs on the "roundface" Executive, which, as far as I can tell, is only known in stainless steel (there was a lengthy discussion of this case style in another thread). Highest serial I've seen is 906564, so, there are a fair number out there. This variation has inspired little collectors' interest, and so carries a minimal premium, if any, over the standard case model.

I do love an oddity. The construction of the bracelet on an Executive, the gold plating on the case, and usual gold O ring, and the drilled holes that hold the pin in place all make it interesting to me as a collector. I doubt an individual has taken the time to put this watch together. I'm sure as it came in the P-1 Salesman lot with the other talked about pieces that Time computer put this together. If not the £250 it cost made for good conversation. I could re sell and pronounce as the once famous pigeon said........ "This watch has been in my collection for 40 years", and offer it for £1000 as mega rare :grin1:
Previous

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton