It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:05

Pulsar P4 "Executive" / "Classic" module switch

• Author

Erinn

Pulsar P4 "Executive" / "Classic" module switch

Post20 Feb 2017, 00:47

Good evening,
Can "Executive" P4 module be placed in a "Classic" case, and vice versa?
I should think not, because of the difference in the button placement between the two cases.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Re: Pulsar P4 "Executive" / "Classic" module switch

Post20 Feb 2017, 23:31

All P4 modules (for the Big Time, Classic, and Executive) are dimensionally identical and fully interchangeable. That being said, there are only certain combinations that are "legitimate", in that they were offered by Time Computer as part of the product line.
There were four different P4 modules; 401 (magnet-set), 402 (Auto-set), 403 (Day-of-Week, Auto-set only), and 406 (24HR display, Auto-set only). The factory combinations are:

401 All P4s
402 All P4s
403 Classic, Big Time
406 Executive only

So, if you see an Executive with a 403, or a Big Time or Classic with a 406 (which I have seen, on eBay), you can be very sure someone did some module-swapping somewhere along the line, and the watch is no longer completely original. Still original TC modules, just in the "wrong" case.

Erinn

Re: Pulsar P4 "Executive" / "Classic" module switch

Post21 Feb 2017, 21:58

Good afternoon Bruce,
Thank you very kindly for taking the time to reply to my query, and for providing such detail.
Upon closer inspection, I see that my eye was deceived, regarding the button spacing between the two case types. Optically, they appeared dissimilar.
You are a veritable treasure trove of information with respect to these fascinating artifacts of horological history!
Cheers,
Erinn

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton