It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:59

Stolen Pulsar Euro Calculator LED Watch 904 265

• Author

barryjackson

Stolen Pulsar Euro Calculator LED Watch 904 265

Post23 Sep 2020, 22:48

Hi, this time last week I had listed my 1977 Pulsar Euro calculator watch on eBay UK, item number: 143732131140, a mint condition personal item that i’d owned for years, it had one bid from a member of this forum and then another member outbid him and it sold for £1200. I meticulously packed it in a good quality box with it’s pen, shrunk wrapped it and secured it with clear tape, then dropped it off to the Hermes parcelshop. On tuesday the buyer told me he had just received it and that the box was empty, he said it had not been tampered with but it clearly had, the shrink wrapping was gone, the watch and pen were gone and the box had brown tape (something I don’t have) all over the bottom to reseal it. The watch is gone, I am in shock, everyone on this forum knows how rare the Pulsar Euro calculator is, particularly one that is mint and fully working with the pen. An identifying mark is 904 265 and a tiny chip on the inside of the display in the lower left corner. If anyone sees this watch anywhere can you please let me know, it’s a stolen watch. The person who bought the watch made a point to send me videos of him opening the box with a running commentary of himself finding the box empty. If anyone would like any more information about this situation please reply in the comments or in full confidence please send me a message which I won't share with anyone. I am devastated and violated by this horrendous situation, the thief who did this should be ashamed of themselves. Thank you

lesmott

Nerd

Nerd

Re: Stolen Pulsar Euro Calculator LED Watch

Post23 Sep 2020, 23:14

I was the winning bidder and took delivery of the parcel minus the watch. I can confirm that I am a long standing Pulsar collector having many Pulsars including 901 & 902 calculators in my collection. I’m devastated for the seller that this has happened. I was so looking forward to acquiring this mint fully working calculator. Please do watch out if you see this watch come up for resale anywhere.

Les

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Post27 Sep 2020, 00:16

Hi Simon. I was the person who was outbid by Les. I will keep an eye out for it as I do check a range of auction sites for Pulsar LED calculators and yours is quite distinctive. What has the carrier said about the theft?

led247

Post28 Sep 2020, 10:38

hi, having met les in person ( he bought my pulsar lamp) i can honestly say that he (les ) is an honest trustworth person and a ture pulsar collector, i too will keep my eyes open for this stolen watch, if it turn up i will report it..

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post02 Oct 2020, 10:20

I am at least happy that seller and buyer are here at the forum and agree that the watch was stolen by a 3rd party. I will make that a "sticky". Hopefully the watch will pop up somewhere sooner or later!

Hanno.

lesmott

Nerd

Nerd

Re: Stolen Pulsar Euro Calculator LED Watch 904 265

Post02 Oct 2020, 20:28

Thanks for comments I still have the Pulsar Lamp Led247 :Hi:

I appreciate if members can keep an eye out for this watch. It’s not every day a Euro 902 comes up. It’s also has a distinguishing mark in the bottom Left of the Led Crystal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: Stolen Pulsar Euro Calculator LED Watch 904 265

Post16 Oct 2020, 21:59

So sorry to hear about the watch - have had similar things happen.

You say it's a unique watch - other than the chip on the crystal, what is unique about it?
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

barryjackson

Post06 Oct 2021, 21:40

lesmott wrote:I was the winning bidder and took delivery of the parcel minus the watch. I can confirm that I am a long standing Pulsar collector having many Pulsars including 901 & 902 calculators in my collection. I’m devastated for the seller that this has happened. I was so looking forward to acquiring this mint fully working calculator. Please do watch out if you see this watch come up for resale anywhere.

Les

It's not coming up for sale anywhere because as you well know, it's in your flat.

barryjackson

Post06 Oct 2021, 21:42

led247 wrote:hi, having met les in person ( he bought my pulsar lamp) i can honestly say that he (les ) is an honest trustworth person and a ture pulsar collector, i too will keep my eyes open for this stolen watch, if it turn up i will report it..

Just because you have met someone in person it does not mean that they are honest or trustworthy, he is a collector alright.

barryjackson

Post06 Oct 2021, 21:46

SASM wrote:I am at least happy that seller and buyer are here at the forum and agree that the watch was stolen by a 3rd party. I will make that a "sticky". Hopefully the watch will pop up somewhere sooner or later!

Hanno.

I didn't say that

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post03 Jun 2022, 01:17

barryjackson wrote:
lesmott wrote:I was the winning bidder and took delivery of the parcel minus the watch. I can confirm that I am a long standing Pulsar collector having many Pulsars including 901 & 902 calculators in my collection. I’m devastated for the seller that this has happened. I was so looking forward to acquiring this mint fully working calculator. Please do watch out if you see this watch come up for resale anywhere.

Les

It's not coming up for sale anywhere because as you well know, it's in your flat.
Well, it is odd that someone would set up a camera to film a box opening. If it felt light, I would have left it shut and contacted the seller first.

*I have a few NOS cases for those from Greg Ratcliff, but all have slight delamination around the Saphire screen. Not exactly sellers unless someone can get some decent glass. I shouldn't have bought those pricks!
**My first lessons in pricks came on my second sale on ebay. Well know chap in UK bought 6 COmpuchrons off me. He claimed there were only 3 and wanted his money back. Had to refund. When I got them back there WERE 3, which he had quite thorough smashed to bits. A short while later he wrote me a scoffing email, "ther's you first lesson, newb." Mr. M.V., last name ryhmns with silly.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton