It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:43

Roger Moore's Screen worn Live and let die Pulsar P-2.

• Author

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Roger Moore's Screen worn Live and let die Pulsar P-2.

Post02 Nov 2020, 14:52

Who has deep Pulsar pockets. I wouldn't feel comfortable spending a large amount unless I had a letter of authenticity showing matching serial number in a photograph. The provenance isn't that great to spend on a beaten up P-2. Letter is dated 1973 and filming must of started in 1972 :scratch:

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/propstore/catalogue-id-the-pr10017/lot-d50ddc6a-0f5a-47fc-bc78-ac6100dcbb95

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Roger Moore's Screen worn Live and let die Pulsar P-2.

Post02 Nov 2020, 16:43

Maybe the scene has been done late as Hamilton has for sure paid for it. Beside that it´s an early watch as the light sensor is under the display. I doubt the seller knows the difference.

Summarized I believe it is THE watch, but does it really count? Not for me, but as long as there are people out there who are willing to spend big bucks for X-rays of Marilyn Monroes chest ($45.000), Indiana Jones hat ($424.000) or Willy Wonkas purple coat ($73.000) the P2 is plain cheap. James Bonds Aston Martin from Goldfinger fetched $4.600.000. I would have bought it, but it´s right hand drive, so I passed on it. ~:(

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post02 Nov 2020, 16:59

Very true. But the hundreds of P-2 listings on eBay with " Bond " "Live and let Die", " Rare", "Roger Moore" Pulsar P2 in the title has de sensitized me to the James Bond P-2... Even though I've done it myself :grin1:
To me it would just be another P-2 in my hands. Now if it was slightly different in some way with serial number 00000 it would be more appealing. I might ask what the serial number is.

SASM wrote:Maybe the scene has been done late as Hamilton has for sure paid for it. Beside that it´s an early watch as the light sensor is under the display. I doubt the seller knows the difference.

Summarized I believe it is THE watch, but does it really count? Not for me, but as long as there are people out there who are willing to spend big bucks for X-rays of Marilyn Monroes chest ($45.000), Indiana Jones hat ($424.000) or Willy Wonkas purple coat ($73.000) the P2 is plain cheap. James Bonds Aston Martin from Goldfinger fetched $4.600.000. I would have bought it, but it´s right hand drive, so I passed on it. ~:(

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post03 Nov 2020, 11:44

I always have a few P2s here. Let´s assume the following: They are all sitting on a table and after two days you forgot which one was the Bond watch. What then?? The one with the most wear?? Maybe it doesn´t matter at all as nobody knows the serial number and you can sell literally every P2 as THE James Bond watch. Granted, it´s harder to convince buyers if you own one of those goldfilled models.

The Mach I from "Diamonds are forever" was found by accident. It was forgotten to be the car from the film when it was sold, so it was comparable cheap. At least that´s the story. But then I doubt the film used just a single car.

led247

Post05 Nov 2020, 22:53

hi all, the bond watch (hamilton) was given by hamilton after the power that be thought it would be a great idea to advertize their new watch in the biggest film franchises, ( and a small fee as well from hamilton) cubby broccoli agreed, a great new gadget ( and free money) win win.. of course we now all know that the watch appearance had the power to sell, seiko would soon play their cards with broccoli, and get thier lcd range on screen including that now famous tv one.. of course rolex would win out.... Now as for the watch being Mr moors worn screen watch, well the watch would all most certainly belong to the film studio and Not to any employee of the company .. Mr Weymouth production's prop master.. the only way that this could be possible is that Mr moor acquired the watch from the broccolis ( well big stars do have power) and then gave it to mr weymouth, a letter of province would of been great to show its the real deal.. but if your friends ( even if they are a big star) give your something , why would they give you a letter to say they have you a gift.. truth is they wouldnt
I am sure that this gentlman (mr weymouth) who now is an older man (and of old fashion standards and values) is NO lair and the watch IS what he says it is..
its great to see this great watch iconic piece up for sale , if i had the money i would buy it .. lets see who wins it..

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post16 Nov 2020, 16:11

I worked on that watch, then I swapped backs. His is not legitimate.

Just a joke -iRL, backs get put on cases which have boxes with matching serial numbers . . . Better backs end up on better cases, better watches in better boxes.
The seller could have at least found a stellar P2 case if they are going for that kind of money. Rookie. :oops:
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post02 Dec 2020, 14:13

Update- not sure what the highest bid was but it didnt hit its reserve

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post02 Dec 2020, 14:18

I have been told a the director / Producer / and some cast received a P-2 from Hamilton. So spending big bucks on this one is too risky, with no direct link to it being screen worn.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton