It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:46

old batteries

• Author

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

old batteries

Post30 Apr 2006, 11:59

i recently bought a non working white gold omega time computer 1. the original owner stated to his knowledge, the back had never been off the watch. Anticipating a corrosion filled disaster i took a chance> On opening, i found 2 batteries (no leakage) marked "rayOvac RW11, made in the usa", they are steel coloured one side and copper coloured the other, 15mm diameter 4mm thick and fit the module without the need for spacers. Anybody know approximately the latest these were available-thanks

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: old batteries

Post30 Apr 2006, 12:21

So far as I know, all the early Omega and Pulsar watches used 355 size batteries, that are no longer manufactured. However, it is common practice today for owners to use the smaller, easily available, 357 size (made by Renata, Energizer, Maxell etc..) along with a plastic 'spacer' so the batery fits snugly in place .

Spacer kits can be bought for under $10, but as the spacers in question are no more than plastic sleeves made from cuting a thin slice off of a piece of plastic tubeing, you can make your own. For more info, click the search button at the top of the page, i'm sure this subject has also been mentioned previously :D

Return to Omega and GP