It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:21

models and modules

• Author

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

models and modules

Post24 Jun 2006, 19:27

Administrator's note: this thread has been split from this one.

There were five models that used Time Computer modules, and four others that used a proprietary module [but still in Omega-made cases]. I am aware of an LCD version of the Constellation, and a chronograph [and there are doubtless many others]. I assume, for Forum purposes, we will be limiting the discussion to the LED models...[maybe a separate slot for the LCD ones...?].

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Omega queries

Post24 Jun 2006, 21:58

Hi bruce, i assume you are counting models ie TC1- white gold , yellow gold( 2 models) etc if so isnt the total for time computer modules six :?: 3x TC1, 3x TC2 or am i mistaken :o

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post25 Jun 2006, 07:34

There is no TC2 in white goldfill or 18K [that we know of], just stainless and 14K fill, so those two, plus the three TC1 models, is five. The Constellation I and II came in both stainless and 14K fill [no solid gold], so that makes a grand total of nine. My personal interest is limited to the TC models...like the TC Hamiltons, they are closely related to the Pulsars...though for some reason I cannot understand, they never serial- numbered any of their watches [fortunately, some production records still exist, so we are not so much in the dark here as with the Time Computer models].

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post25 Jun 2006, 11:00

Hi Bruce. i agree that Omegas system of not using serial nos for the TCs was ludicrous. I assume serial nos would have permitted easy tracking of warranty claims etc and permitted us better information than we have today. Whilst you claim that a white gold TC2 was never produced, it is listed on the Omega web site- ref 396.0831. For what its worth, i've certainly never come across one and it would seem non-sensical to produce a stainless and wg version of the same model as they would look almost identical. I am assuming its a mistake on Omegas part and that you are correct. I will ask Omega the question, if they reply, i'll post it in the Omega section :D

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Re: models and modules

Post25 Jun 2006, 19:41

Just to clarify the last thread, Omega list 3x Time computer 2 models
ref- GD 396.0831 yellow goldfilled
ref- ST 396.0832 Stainless steel
ref- GF 396.0831 white gold filled
i stupidly left out the prefix letters on the previous thread :oops:
I await confirmation from Omega that their listing isnt in error. In the meantime if anybody out there has ever seen this model put us out of our misery :D

Higgie

Site Sponsor

Site Sponsor

Post25 Jun 2006, 20:07

This is my TC2 the inside of the back says: 196 0044
Whats this?? Have i missed something ?

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post25 Jun 2006, 21:45

Hi Higgie, from the pics it looks like a stainless model, is it stainless or white gold :?:

Higgie

Site Sponsor

Site Sponsor

Post25 Jun 2006, 23:19

gjlelec wrote:Hi Higgie, from the pics it looks like a stainless model, is it stainless or white gold :?:

As you can see in the picture it is all SS

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post25 Jun 2006, 23:42

Had to crack open my TC2s and take a peek. The markings are the same, including the 196 0044, so it is NOT a serial number, but more likely an Omega part number [interesting, though, that these parts were made, and marked by, the Star Watch Case Co.; I would bet the buttons and case rings were done in the U.S. as well...]. On mine, the number is stamped about midway between the edge of the flat surface and the battery connector, so this was a separate marking [probably done at the Omega factory]. My TC1s are marked 196 0020. The triangular Omega logo is immediately below the bowtie connector, with the Star Watch Case Co. five-pointed star just below that, and then the 196 0020 below that. Its interesting Omega assigned two different part numbers to the casebacks, since they are completely interchangeable. As for the lack of serial numbers; I'm still thinking about that...stay tuned.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post26 Jun 2006, 11:22

Higgie, we were trying to ascertain whether a white gold TC2 was produced, the general consensus seems to be there was not, but strangely Omega list one with its own specific ref number on their website

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post04 Jul 2006, 20:22

I have asked Omega to confirm if a white gold time computer 2 was actually produced, but have received no reply :x So i guess its up to you guys out there. Has anybody owned or seen a tc2 in white gold :?:

Return to Omega and GP