It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:17

Omega museum?

• Author
Colin G

Omega museum?

Post05 Dec 2006, 18:01

Wooooo, I just sold an Omega Time Computer 1 (yellow gold fill) to a Mr. Alain Monachon of Berne Switzerland of "The Omega Museum" does anyone know of such an organisation or person?

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Re: Omega museum?

Post06 Dec 2006, 07:40

I'm not familiar with this specific individual, but I know Omega does have a museum at or near the factory. Bit of a surprise they didn't already have one of the 14K goldfilled TC1s; it's the 18K solid one they're still lacking...only made 47 of those, and just six are known to be around. The missing majority probably went into the melting pot along with most of the unaccounted-for P1s... Some of our German or Swiss members might have some more detailed information.

Colin G

Post06 Dec 2006, 13:27

I've checked the ebay delivery address against the address for the Omega museum on their website and it is the same, so it looks as if I now supply Omega with their museum pieces, ha ha!
I checked the guy's feedback, he is buying rare Omegas all the time, but I do agree, you would think they would have a TC1 there already, perhaps it was the box and instructions he was after?

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post22 Dec 2006, 23:40

I don't believe the Omega museum is really that interested in omega leds, the modules crystals and the watch cases were all outsourced, i think they were forced into jumping on the led bandwagon after pulsars successes and likewise with the later lcds, dont consider the leds or lcds "proper" watches Whilst the museum curator is very helpful, the museums site is full of inaccuracies- missing information etc, ie they list a white gold TC2, they stated the bracelet on a white gold tc1 was also white gold, they have no listing for the 1603 caliber, they inform you spares are no longer available for the TCs whilst crystals, bracelet links are readily available. They do already possess a gf tc1, as Bruce correctly states its the 18ct tc1 they dont have

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

re: Omega museum?

Post18 Mar 2007, 23:53

i note that in the Antiquorum omegamania auction in april, one of the lots being auctioned is a TC2. one of the people attending the "cheese and biscuits" do was a Jean Claude Monachon (Omega Vice President). see Colin Gs original thread

Return to Omega and GP