It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:39

replated time computer

• Author

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

replated time computer

Post23 May 2007, 19:23

i bought a battered white gold TC1 for the module a while back. The case was dented on the corners, the plate had worn through, various dings and scratches etc.It's been floating around in my "spares" box ever since. I set about it with some 360 grade wet and dry and with patience removed most of the damage- but the goldfilled plating was by then -wrecked, with the base metal (brass ??) showing through in various places. I sent it away to be replated and heres the result- not perfect but certainly wearable Any opinions :?:

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

re: replated time computer

Post23 May 2007, 20:00

You left out two critical bits of information! Where was this done, and what did it cost?

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

re: replated time computer

Post23 May 2007, 20:19

Hi Bruce, the case was plated first with Pallnic to give it a good base cover of the correct colour then overplated in rhodium (as is all white gold today). This finish in no way compares to the robustness of the original Omega goldfill but has in this case saved an unwearable watch- surely a good thing :D the colour is lighter than the Omega original and to give you an idea, is actually now a very close match to the s/steel bracelet in colour. I sent the plating company a couple of brushed links as a sample and a couple of pics of an original, they then gave it the "satin" brushed finish. And finally to answer your question :roll: Company- F Sinclair Ltd in the UK- Cost- £40+£6carr+ vat total £54.05 about $110 US

Return to Omega and GP