It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 23:08

Am I p*#""*d

• Author

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Am I p*#""*d

Post06 Jun 2007, 19:05

Purchased a new crystal for my Time Computer II. Removed the old scratched one, resurfaced the brushed portions of the case and polished the bezel.

New seals and cleaned the gunk out of the pushers which now work correctly.

Installed, and here is the clincher, a new Omega T II crystal ($250.00) in place, wiped the crystal down with a damp cloth and some alcohol to remove residual silicon grease and finger prints.

GUESS WHAT happened, the logo and Omega symbol came off the crystal. It's painted on!!!!!!!! Checked the original and it is obviously enameled under temperature. Not even acetone will remove it.

So now I have a perfect TII with no identification on the crystal.

what to do, what to do?

I know I will be sending Omega a little letter, after all $250.00 for a new crystal for a painted logo?

What do you think I should do?

Cheers, Geoff

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

re: Am I p*#""*d

Post06 Jun 2007, 21:58

Thats an absolute gutter Geoff. The white logo crystals always seem to appear crap quality compared to the glassfrit yellow ones. i would definately complain to Omega- see how they respond. Probably re-stocked from China or Bangalore- made in Switzerland-MY ARSE :twisted:

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

: Am I p*#""*d

Post06 Jul 2007, 20:17

767Geoff- I' m curious, what was the reply from the crystal manufacturer? Did you get some of your $ reimbursed?

Return to Omega and GP