It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:23

omega tc1 help needed

• Author
pigeon2

omega tc1 help needed

Post01 Jun 2010, 17:39

hi all i have a mint tc1 i put in bateries but nothing is hapening can these modules be fixed i would like to get it running as the watch looks like new can anyone help and does anyone fix these watches

charger105

Guru

Guru

: omega tc1 help needed

Post02 Jun 2010, 02:16

Hi pigeon2.
Try using a strong external magnet in case your button isn’t activating the reed switch. Apart from a reed switch or a Quartz crystal replacement, there’s not a lot you can do. I’ve summarised the replacement module options in a similar post:
http://www.dwf.nu/viewtopic.php?t=3501

Rgds,
Andrew.

pigeon2

Post02 Jun 2010, 08:01

thanks will try that today fingers crossed can you tell me how can test to see if it need reed switch or crystal

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post02 Jun 2010, 14:34

You'll have to remove the module from the watch, and power it using a 3V supply (2xAA batteries in a battery holder with alligator clips attached is good for this).

Then, wave a magnet near the reed switch. If nothing, then short the 2 ends of the reed switch with a piece of wire. If still nothing, then it's not the reed swicth.

Normally if it's the oscillator circuit, then single digits may appear. They may change to different digits, or nothing at all, as power is disconnected and then re-applied. The QC is part of the oscillator circuit, so changing it may help. It won't necessarily help, since other parts of the oscillator circuit may have failed (which are generally not repairable).

Rgds,
Andrew.

pigeon2

Post02 Jun 2010, 14:58

thanks andrew i will try that am just hoping it works do you know if ed fixes them on here if i need new parts put in

Handy

Techie

Techie

Post02 Jun 2010, 21:53

See whether warming it up on a radiator brings it back to life.
Ian

pigeon2

Post03 Jun 2010, 07:23

thanks will try this first am just hoping i get her going as the watch still looks like new but if i dont get her going which would be best to get a p2 module or strikes and spares module

Handy

Techie

Techie

Post03 Jun 2010, 09:02

I would suggest you get the original module repaired. It will cost less and keep the watch original.
It may just be the crystal which you can buy for less than £1.
Cheers,
Ian

pigeon2

Post03 Jun 2010, 09:13

where can you send the watch off to to get it looked at and fixed i will try the watch today first but if nothing happens where can i send it off to sir

Handy

Techie

Techie

Post03 Jun 2010, 14:27

Our forum host can fix them.
www.retroleds.com
I've vought watches from Ed and he is courteous and proffessional.
Cheers,
Ian

pigeon2

Post04 Jun 2010, 08:43

thank you sir for all your help i will email the host see what he thinks i will be testing watch today will let you know how i get on hoping i get a number up or somthing that way if theres life there fixable

pigeon2

Post04 Jun 2010, 16:22

treid watch today i can get a 0 up on the readout when i put bateries in the 0 comes up done not go out just stays on is it a possible fix

Handy

Techie

Techie

Post04 Jun 2010, 18:59

Now try warming it up to see if it starts or remains the same.
If it remains the same, try a crystal. If it starts running, you need to add a separate oscillator.
Cheers,
Ian

pigeon2

Post05 Jun 2010, 07:07

i did that sir i got it counting down with a strong magnet minutes and seconds but when i took the mgnet off again everything went out so i will send watch away and hope a new crystal or other parts work i am hoping the crystal will do the trick will let you know once i get watch back its going to usa to try and fix bruce wegmann so if he cant fix no one will

Return to Omega and GP