It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:07

OMEGA TCII NOW FITS YETI SIZED WRISTS

• Author

cheeksterr

Techie

Techie

OMEGA TCII NOW FITS YETI SIZED WRISTS

Post21 Jul 2011, 14:23

Well its took me a long time and to be honest I gave up the ghost trying to find links for my S/S Omega TO FIT MY 8 3/4" wrists.
My links weren't the g/f more rounded style S/S links, but a flatter wider type that are as rare as hens teeth covered in rocking horse shit.

But the "GODLY" creature from Horse country has come to the rescue.

ED- short for " Enduring Deific" has come up smelling of Roses with a bouquet of Channel No5 .

Not only has he enabled me to wear the beast but save my marriage too.

Thanks Ed for your relentless 18mth search, you are now on my Christmas Card list forever.
The condition of the items are first class.

I would now like to clean up and brighten up the original links on the watch to the standard and brightness of the ones you found me.
Anyone in UK who can point me in right direction of a trustworthy source who can carry out such a task or if its easy to do, I'm up for the challenge myself.

Thanks to all and esp my little friend across the pond.

charger105

Guru

Guru

: OMEGA TCII NOW FITS YETI SIZED WRISTS

Post22 Jul 2011, 10:02

This mob, who regularly sell old Omega digitals in various states of repair, were selling NOS TC1 and TC2 bracelets a few months back for a couple of hundred dollars each:

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/watchco-aust ... 4340.l2559

They had SS and GF versions, and the SS version was the one with the flat-top, trapezoid cross-section links, and the wider, deeper clasp. I believe these bracelets were used on the SS TC1, the SS TC2 and sometimes on the WGF TC1.

Could be worth contacting them, since they had a number of them and they weren't really selling from what I was seeing. It could be just as cheap as having your original bracelet re-brushed.

Rgds,
Andrew.

cheeksterr

Techie

Techie

Post22 Jul 2011, 11:45

thanks Andrew I'll give them a try

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post22 Jul 2011, 23:24

Thanks CHeekster!

The real issue with those links - I first sent our friend two standard, s.s. Omega links. They were too small. We went back and forth on the dimensions, Bruce W. was consulted at one point. Frankly, we were all a bit baffled at how and why this watch was set up as it was - my theory is it was a very early production run or a proto-type. The case curvatures are not quite standard, so the band doesn't need/have the same curvature. I happened to be [attempting] cleaning the workbench, when I spied the clasp for one of these Hamilton's http://www.retroleds.com/Items/wa431.htm - :idea: :!:

The clasp for that particular Hamilton is 2mm wider than a standard Omega clasp - just like Cheekster's watch! Same manufacturer. No other digital Hamilton/Omega/Pulsar uses that width clasp.

The clasp and band parts came from ebayer "tictocchandler" (r.i.p.)as part of the last deal I ever did with him, just a day or two before he went in the hospital. Basically it took a [really nice] dead guy, a disappearring repair guy and a lot of magic spread over about 1.5 years to pull one watch together. M:)W:)M
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post28 Jul 2011, 19:47

I remember these guys...they had a complete bracelet for the stainless TC1/2 models for $225...and nobody was interested at the time. One of the guys on the "other forum" had the same problem...and the same response. Then it was gone, and suddenly everybody needed links. I had noticed the similarity between the Omega and Hamilton links, but hadn't realized there was a Hamilton model that used the exact same links. Finding different watches that use the same bracelet IS a great potential source of spare links (I recently found a stash of 19 18K Calculator links...all my P1s now have full-length bracelets, and most of my Calculators, too).

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: : OMEGA TCII NOW FITS YETI SIZED WRISTS

Post28 Jul 2011, 21:39

bruce wegmann wrote: I had noticed the similarity between the Omega and Hamilton links, but hadn't realized there was a Hamilton model that used the exact same links. Finding different watches that use the same bracelet IS a great potential source of spare links.
Well, it's important to remember the main problem we faced: those links are 2mm wider(17mm) than standard (15mm) Omega TCI & TC2 or Constellation links. But there apparently are some s.s. Omega TCIIs that had a slightly less curved case and that wider band at the clasp. That Hamilton model is especially nice in S.S. I'd personally take it over an Omega Constellation, the wider band feels nicer to me. 8-)
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

cheeksterr

Techie

Techie

Post29 Jul 2011, 01:34

Just to let you know that the people in AUS on the forth mentioned link no longer have these bracelets. They sold them all so they tell me..

Return to Omega and GP