OMEGA TC2 GF, SLIGHT G.F. LOSS

• Author

KARNAK

Techie

Techie

OMEGA TC2 GF, SLIGHT G.F. LOSS

Post08 Jun 2012, 18:09

Hi ALL,

I have a really beautifull OMEGA TC2 in perfect working order, new Omega crystal complete with Logo completed by the master Bruce in California. I got one little problem however on 3 or 3 of the bracelet links the GF is ever so slightly loosing the G.F. at the very end of 3 of the links. Obviously I would like to have it perfect to go along with the rest of the watch.

Anyone member know of any expert who can repair the G.F. preferablly someone competent located in the U.K. as that is where I am now based, I am led to believe it cannot be done but I thought I would give it a shot on the off chance!

Thaank you

Regards,

KARNAK.

nipper1

Re: OMEGA TC2 GF, SLIGHT G.F. LOSS

Post10 Jun 2012, 09:36

cant be done . i have put a few of these over to bruce wegmann. the watches has had a full refurbish . but if the gold filled is off the watch . you cant put it back. as all my omegas thats been refurbished . they have all came back with the gold filled bits still rubbed away . only thing you can do is get a nos band . if you want perfection. its the only way to go.

KARNAK

Techie

Techie

Post10 Jun 2012, 11:38

Hi nipper 1

Thank you for your reply, I kinda figured as much I guess I will just have to live with it, in all honesty It is hardly noticeable, I contacted OMEGA an they wanted £895 for a replacement bracelet however they said that they could not guarantee that the gold would be the same colour as my watch.

Many thanks,
Kindest regards,
John (KARNAK).

nipper1

Post10 Jun 2012, 11:48

they were selling them on ebay for 280 dollars a few weeks ago. total rip off from omega. but what would we suspect

KARNAK

Techie

Techie

Post10 Jun 2012, 14:32

Hi nipper 1,

Thank you for that information, by any chance do you remember who was selling them, there was a guy in AUSTRALIA as I recall was selling a lot of replacement bracelets but cannot remember who it was.

Many thanks,

Kindest regards,

John (KARNAK).

Return to Omega and GP