It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:18

Proper Timescreen for Omega SS TC1

• Author

Chronos

Nerd

Nerd

Proper Timescreen for Omega SS TC1

Post16 Jun 2012, 20:06

I'm trying to figure out what the original glass is suppose to look like on the SS TC1. I've seen one that is supposedly NOS with the glass flat with the case (like the green Pulsar), and another with the glass raised from the case (like a P2 or SS TC2 for example). Will anyone who owns one check to see if their glass is flat or raised? Or if anyone can shed light on this matter I would appreciate it...

napnap

Nerd

Nerd

Re: Proper Timescreen for Omega SS TC1

Post17 Jun 2012, 06:00

Looks raised to me, found this on youtube where you can get a look with a moving item!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6mFNXdLtNE

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post17 Jun 2012, 08:28

I always just assumed they were raised just like other Omega LEDS.
As you can see in the listing you posted earlier, the bevel around the edge of the glass is clearly visible, indicating the time-screen must be raised:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... true&rt=nc

Rgds.

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post17 Jun 2012, 10:55

There seem to be different versions available. I got a NOS case from watchco-australia about 2 weeks ago (the first one which has been listed). The screen is a bit flatter than normal and it´s the first one I´ve seen with the flat screen. But it´s still raised and does not end with the case surface like a green dress.

All these were sold with a stainless TC1 bracelet which is more or less proved: I got a stainless TC1 from a customer in Germany in May (for repair) and it had the TC1 bracelet. Then I found your one in early March which also had the TC1 bracelet. The owner told me that he bought the watch new in the mid 70s. Every stainless TC1 owner has the watch with the TC1 bracelet (except for Bruce). Strange enough that another german customer (1st owner) sent a TC2 stainless with a stainless TC1 bracelet last week. I was also able to get a stainless TC2 with a TC1 bracelet from ebay Germany 2 weeks ago. I think it´s a bit funny that you couldn´t find anything for more or less 30+ years and within five months five stainless TC1 popped up at ebay and I got two TC2s with stainless TC1 bracelets.

Hanno.

Return to Omega and GP