It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:50

Strange Omega and Pulsar modules

• Author

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Strange Omega and Pulsar modules

Post06 Sep 2012, 16:25

Today I just want to share some pictures of two strange modules I recently came across:

The first one is an early Pulsar with the silicone covering at the top of the circuit board and the light sensor under the display. I did not know that Omega used this early type of module. But this is even more strange: Omega scrated the original Pulsar logo on the back side of the module and hot stamped their own logo on that place instead. It looks very unprofessional. I got the module from a forum member I I told him that Omega would never do such work. When I finally got the module I had to admit I was wrong. Unfortunately the display is quite dark and it runs out of specification.

The second module was in an early Date II with the Pulsar lettering on the case. The module isnĀ“t working anymore of course, but look at the strange reed switch holders on both sides and the strange recess on its back.

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Strange Omega and Pulsar modules

Post06 Sep 2012, 18:28

The Omega module looks like it has been modified for use as a demonstration model (the fine wires all seem to go to the reeds and feed out through the square cutout) for use at trade fairs/large main agent jewellers- the watch would have been securely mounted to a display and the reed contacts brought out to a set of buttons allowing the salesman to show how the watch works/sets without having to fiddle around with a tiny magnet or obscuring the watch.

Return to Omega and GP