It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:01

Two Omega shots just for fun

• Author

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Two Omega shots just for fun

Post06 Sep 2012, 16:39

A while back I bought a NOS Omega case from watchco Australia. The case is one of the very rare stainless steel TC1 cases which can be identified by the polished band around the crystal and just one command button on the right. I was astonished when I finally got a brand new Omega LED watch case. I then asked Omega if they could still supply a matching bracelet for that watch. To my surprise they told me they had just one left and I could have it. The bracelet finally cost more than the case plus shipping, but I tought I would have a one-of-a kind-watch. But wrong! I got the same NOS TC1 stainless steel watch for a module swap a month ago. So I thought it would be a good idea to take a picture for you (and I hate to take pictures with my camera! :o ). Hanno.

Old_timer

Nerd

Nerd

Re: Two Omega shots just for fun

Post01 Oct 2012, 16:56

Great SS TC1 pics. Thank you

I think the other two of the three might have sold to the same person who has had recent LED sales on Ebay going for big money, so I expect to see something listed eventually, when the full package is put together... box, hang-tag, copy of the instructions etc. I might be wrong though.

Cousins UK were listing TC2 SS bracelets at the time for c£250, but they aren't listing them now.

Must admit I was one of the very disappointed people who missed that ebay sale, and the only reason I missed it was because of a UK bank holiday that Monday ;*

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post01 Oct 2012, 19:27

Hello OldTimer,

watchco sold 4 NOS cases. One case was listed about 2 weeks before the other 3 came up. I bought the first one. I saw it in the short break between 09:00h and 09:15h which we do have for breakfast at my company. Because I cannot bid from work I had to call my parents and asked them to bid. They also did the payment :eek: . Because it was listed in Australia, US bidders were still sleeping and UK guys had that bank holiday at the right time :-P

Because watchco said, they do not accept questions regarding their stock I didn´t ask. Sometimes I am just too polite ~:(

The other three watches popped up at ebay and I haven´t seen them at all. But for the same reason I guess an european bidder got them, probably from Italy.

Hanno.

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post01 Oct 2012, 20:09

TIMING is everything!

;-)

Watchco is in Sydney, I think. I must stop in on my next trip. It would be a treat just to spend time in their back room!

Old_timer

Nerd

Nerd

Post03 Oct 2012, 17:18

Wow, I missed the listing for the first case completely. Thank you for the information.

At first I couldn't believe it when I saw the completed auction for three. I only checked WatchCo "completed listings" because of the day away from a computer, hardly expecting to find anything so desirable.
It was the slow realisation in my mind that made it so much worse as I looked at the picture... NOS steel TC2.... no, hold on, just one button... oh no, they're steel TC1! :eek:

Yes, two went to Italy I'm pretty sure.

C'est la vie!

Old_timer

Nerd

Nerd

Post17 Nov 2012, 20:17

...all good things come to those who wait. Just like magic, one of the two WatchCo Australia SS TC1 cases that went to Italy has now surfaced on ebay as anticipated :)

lucamd11

Techie

Techie

Post18 Nov 2012, 02:54

Yes it was me!!The italian,I bought them..
good guess old timer..the watch after a few hours of e bay display has already a new home..in the hot sun of California..(no is not going to be a fellow of many P1's as some of you me be thinking..)
The other one will follow soon..

Old_timer

Nerd

Nerd

Post28 Feb 2013, 14:10

Super... the second SS TC1 looks ready and available now on ebay. A very nice package indeed and well done! I wish you all the best for a good price for this fantastic and rare watch.

lucamd11

Techie

Techie

Post02 Mar 2013, 17:11

Thanks a lot.Regards.Luca

Dominice Dominice

Post17 Jul 2015, 05:26

nice,it shocks me !

Return to Omega and GP