It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:06

ID my Omega TCs, also some repair questions

• Author

Mr.Tourbillon

ID my Omega TCs, also some repair questions

Post24 Oct 2012, 19:59

Hello all,

I am new to the forums here. I collect vintage automatics and recently got my first digital watches in a trade. These are Omega TCs, it would be helpful to know more info about them, like if they are TC1 or TC2 etc.

One of them works, but two rows of LEDs are not lighting up. Second one is completely dead, changing the battery does not help. If one of you can suggest a good quality watchmaker who can fix at least one of my watches for good, it will be great. I live in the Southern California region.

Here are some pictures

Working watch
Image Image
Image Image

Non-working watch
Image https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0q9V ... 203224.jpg

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

Re: ID my Omega TCs, also some repair questions

Post24 Oct 2012, 21:11

Hi Mr.Tourbillon and welcome to the forum! You've got two fine Omega TC-1 (the TC-2 is the one that has the date feature, you can recognize it by its additional button on the left side of the watch, as it uses the module of the Pulsar P3 Date/Command, unlike the TC-1 that uses the module of the P2),
very beautiful models and currently one of my greatest desiderata... :O`~

About the issues that they give you, since you want to fix them, you can talk to our administrator, Hanno (SASM) at StrikesAndSpares as he repairs Pulsar, Omegas and Synchronars, and in case they can't be repaired, he makes a SASM module, which is a new working module made out from the parts of your old non working one, which has a better battery life than the old module, an increased reliability and a one year warranty. Without forgetting that it looks 100% like the original module. ;-)

I've sent my non-working Pulsar P3 to Hanno some weeks ago, and it's been resurrected with a SASM module.
I'm very satisfied by his top notch work, and I'm so excited to think that soon I'll get my P3 back "alive and kicking"!
So the SASM option is the best choice to make your beautiful Omegas work again. You won't be disappointed. :-)

P.S. is it me or the bracelet on the non working model is a SS one?
Image Image

charger105

Guru

Guru

Re: ID my Omega TCs, also some repair questions

Post25 Oct 2012, 13:56

Hi Mr. Tourbillon.
You got a couple of very collectible watches in your trade.
The working TC1 looks to be in nice condition (crystal looks good), and can probably be repaired. It's more than likely a failed transistor which drives the missing segment. I'm guessing in the image it shoul read '22'.

The other TC1 has an incorrect bracelet (not from an Omega digital), the crystal looks poor, and it more than likely can't be repaired. As vpn suggests, a SASM would be your best bet. You'd then need to get the correct bracelet and replace the crystal, all of which would be rather pricey if you could find them. Although you could use it as a 'wearer' if you were happy enough with it's appearance. I think it would at least need the correct bracelet.

At least the first one is promising and should be very nice once you get it fully functional.
Rgds,
Andrew.

Return to Omega and GP