It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:48

GP Leather & croc watch straps

• Author

funkyguy

Wizard

Wizard

GP Leather & croc watch straps

Post20 Apr 2013, 02:32

GP original 1970s watch straps. Rather a dull topic.lol.
As most collectors of GP L.e.d drivers knows these watches were produced and sold with very particular watch straps.

I came across two macrolon examples both had there original boxes and what i beleive to be there original watch straps.

But the straps are leather croc! when i received the first macrolon. I thought ..ummmmm. the original steel band had been repalced with this croc strap, maybe at a later date. and dismissed the croc strap as not original to the watch.

Then some time later i aquired another macrolon from a totally differrant source and location. and blow me!!!
it had a identical watch strap. so the GP driver l.e.d watch
did indeed come origially with a leather and croc strap.

I did warn you , its a dull topic.

Funkguy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Funkguy

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: GP Leather & croc watch straps

Post20 Apr 2013, 20:42

incredible pics and very modern for that time and still is. :O`~
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post23 Apr 2013, 07:05

Two nice ones, to have two must be quite rare when only 2000 were produced, have you noticed any other quirks or variations with the GP Casquettes?

It would appear that the bands are original to the watch but with the lugs being different sizes do you think it possible that someone has made a batch of replacement bands specifically for this watch and the lack of any alternative choice (due to lug size) means two with the same style band turning up together is not to be totally unexpected? Just a thought, some old advertising or price lists would help settle the matter.

I have an original GP leather band which is stamped on the clasp pin - are there any makers marks on the croc's?

The bands do look good on the watch though! 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

funkyguy

Wizard

Wizard

Post24 Apr 2013, 00:40

bucko170 wrote:Two nice ones, to have two must be quite rare when only 2000 were produced, have you noticed any other quirks or variations with the GP Casquettes?

It would appear that the bands are original to the watch but with the lugs being different sizes do you think it possible that someone has made a batch of replacement bands specifically for this watch and the lack of any alternative choice (due to lug size) means two with the same style band turning up together is not to be totally unexpected? Just a thought, some old advertising or price lists would help settle the matter.

I have an original GP leather band which is stamped on the clasp pin - are there any makers marks on the croc's?

The bands do look good on the watch though! 8-)

hey bucko. no theres no visible branding on the straps at all.
but i'm 100% convinced there contemporary to the GP watches.
sadly no other info.
fg.
Funkguy

Return to Omega and GP