It is currently 15 May 2024, 10:19

working black synchronar

• Author

rmcadon

working black synchronar

Post03 Mar 2007, 06:56

I have a perfectly working black synchronar, with the original batteries. Should I be concerned about the batteries leaking and causing damage? Also, could someone tell me what module I have, I believe it is a MK IV, black bar across the top, as well as a black bottom. The serial number on it is #45540.
Thanks in advance

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

re: working black synchronar

Post03 Mar 2007, 19:44

If your serial# is 45540 with a black bottom it is a Mk IV that probably was made in the late 90,s or early this century.However it sounds like the metal plate has come off if it is not there.I have not retrieved all records yet and will be able to answer the date of manufacture better at another time.
As for leaking batteries do not worry as that was more of a possbility in units made in the 80,s.The watch will probably be fine for several more years.My motto is to never take a working Synchronar apart that still takes even the slightest charge.
Some older modules can clue us to internal chemical problems(usually as a result of batteries that had a defective seal) with vissible discoloration at the back right corner of the solar cell,in which case it may then need to be taken apart to save the IC or sell it for someone else to do the repair,trade it in for a new module etc.
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

Return to Synchronar