It is currently 15 May 2024, 08:56

Time for some quick betting...

• Author

leddwatch

Banned

re: Time for some quick betting...

Post23 Apr 2007, 01:43

Howard for Heavens sake, you seem to pick a fight one by one with everyone on this forum and I guess you seem to think its my turn now.

1. I have bought and sold leds for years, I have bought from you and your brother and a great many people, I dont know the legitimacy of every purchase, you or your bro may or may not have had the right to sell stock from your Fathers' estate, IM SURE YOU DID, but I dont know.

2. I bought the stock in question from a guy a few years ago who I cannot trace, those emails were on a PC that I replaced, I dont think he stole it, if he did then Im most sorry, I wouldnt want anything being stolen from me.

3. I have sold most of the items over the years, if not all.

4. You can keep on trawling through ancient threads trying to make out I am some sort of accomplice to a theft which happened from you three years ago, but I wasnt, and all that you will succeed in doing is completely wrecking this forum and making everyone sick of the subject.

Please see sense and end this now, if you are looking for further conflict with me then you wont find it.

Kind regards

Phil

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post23 Apr 2007, 03:17

Phil. I have a keen sence of what was going on in the black market a few years ago.Yes there are a few people that never move on.And no I don't agree that I have been picking a fight with everyone.Everyone is not 2 or 3 people that I merely have to defend the facts with.

Furthermore I have met many kind folks here,both old customers and newbies.It,s not all bad by anymeans.In the last few days I have received orders for the RWR LE, none yet for the kit module.There are 2 mails about a kit module I am waiting for Monday to reply to.

Just like everyone else, there are somethings I will never know the complete answer on.

I think it is still an interesting read,no matter how old the posts.I joined this forum to try and clear some of the smoke.Evidently it takes years just to weed through some of it.

It would be nice to show my daughter some of those drawings one day.If I can't Oh well ,I tried.

Kind Regards,

' Howard
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

zucchi

Post24 Apr 2007, 20:41

Dang folks, talk about drama.
I've only read a handful of posts (I am a newbie after all) and I gotta tell ya...
I can understand becoming frustrated about something but to air your grievances in public like this?
I'm having a hard time saying anything negative because the manners I learned include, "If you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all."
About the most I'll say is that I had a higher opinion when I made my first post but now I'm admittedly disillusioned.
Regards
No mater where you go, there you are.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post25 Apr 2007, 06:12

This unofficial forum is full of these types and your right I should not have stooped to explain the facts and become one.I am looking at resigning from offering any more historical info here.It usually is ignored and does nothing but create another question of speculation instead of being understood and appreciated.Game show indeed.

your_man_in_Hamburg

Techie

Techie

Post01 May 2007, 21:25

Just in case any of those types are still around and are still interested in the original subject of this thread, I'll give a "final" report on the status of my repair project.

After the replacement of the quartz crystal, which did not lead to any perceptible improvements, I lost most of my inhibitions. The batteries were removed, charged, and reconnected. Before they were reconnected, I checked the solar cell voltage.

After all this, the display finally lit up. With exactly the same symptoms as before I sent the watch in for a repair.

Well, I suppose this is it, for the simple reason that I have checked or replaced everything I can replace. OK, the replacement quartz crystal could be defect, but this "theory" will not bring me forward one bit, since this suspicion can be applied to every replacement as long as I cannot check their functionality at home.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post01 May 2007, 21:51

You are one of a small minority oddball group.I may have my faults at being a professional public speaker for the Synchronar and after 200 posts may have finally posted some human emotions.I have moved on from a bad week of facing naysayers and my own inability to properly express the history of a product that like any other will never reach even a 90% approval rating.

I sent the extra batteries to you for the reason of using them in your dilema.Why you are still clinging to a 3 + year old oscilator fault telephone guess theory and using the original batteries I do not know.
You used milling equipment to break the seal in the first place.Where are the pictures of your tinkering since purchase of the Praxon,Proxen ? milling tools? you mentioned last year? You can now go almost anywhere and purchase a Dremel tool with NO CORD! 5.000-35.000 adjustable RPM under $80.00 for your experiments.

your_man_in_Hamburg

Techie

Techie

replacement batteries

Post19 Jun 2007, 23:03

No, you sent me no batteries.

The act of installing new batteries, even if I had them, would not clean up the mess the original ones caused.

The old ones appear to work fine, although they have leaked (se above).

If you at least could stick to your original accusations. Until now, you have always claimed I broke the seal with my hobby knife while trimming down the ledge between the band horns at the back. Now, I apparently managed to break the seal with milling equipment I did not possess at the time the alleged damage was caused.

Yes, I "broke the seal" with my milling equipment. Who is surprised, I bought it for that purpose.

Before you try to make fun of the Proxxon equipment, you should do your homework. At least, visit their home page.

As for clinging on to things, when are you going to move on and stop whining about my review of the Synchronar? I have offered to correct the errors you claim it is full of, but you have not yet managed to provide me with any substantial grounds for correction.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post20 Jun 2007, 00:08

Before you disapear for a few weeks maybe It was not you that I included batteries in the box.You can get them at several Varta Dealers from$2.50-5.00 X 2 because you need to make a pair.

Not gonna rehash old stuff.Look over all the PM posts I sent that explains some of the lets say "unfair judgement" and "false assumptions"

Heres a few quick ones off the top:

1.You ordered a classic SS Synchronar with Classic case.

2.So why would you poke fun at the "silly hole in the back" if it is there for proof of it being what you ordered --a classic.

3.Same goes for the band,you whinned about it having an old classic clasp,again proof that you got what you paid for.

4.My 5 year old daughter can activate the switches with wet hands,why can't you?

Note,sometimes after lots of use and or soap scum,dust build up, or a grain of sand will interfere with the slider to function properly.Once a year you break it down by removing the band pins to seperate three parts.the band the case and the sliders.Now wash everything with dish soap and old tooth brush.

It is possible your switches were not set perfect and or the slider spring bar has a ruff spott in it,s spring travel.I have found some like that and thrown them out even though they were sealed new in a bag.

Also it was only by accident your band pin was too short that you focused in on.I throw them out as well so Me or anyone else putting Synchronar bands on will never confuse them with the slightly longer ones needed.They snuck into the band pin stock because they came pre fastened to the BC Bands years ago.Someone would remove them all and bag them up,then years later an inexperienced(less than 5 year helper) would mistakenly think he found some nice fresh ones that seemed easier to install so they used them.So here you have a point that they were small but now you got an answer on it.

If your switches are functioning properly and you have good reflexes you can time the MPH of a Baseball pitch with the stopwatch setup.Like wise you just need to know the distance betwen Two objects to conclude what the MPH/ KPH is.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post20 Jun 2007, 00:36

The single biggest purpose of a watch other than style or as jewelry is keeping accurate time.The fact that the user can set it to an astonishing + - 4 seconds a year should have been a key thing a review would cover.That fact alone brings it over the $1,000 range since it is accomplished without a radio signal.

BTW the photo of the watch before you sent it back shows a thinner shelf meaning it could have been done with a hand file.If you did,t do it then maybe the helper in hideing did.

Look all I really know for sure is "somehow" the seal "May" have broke as the intial problem or it had an internal short because I saw that cloud built up inside. Some things will always be a mystery but you are one of only 3 failures out of a few hundred since 1997.

you have me currious now,post some photos of the board.

Just couldn,t find a praxxon for my use.they are just not as popular here in the States.I did see some other industrial stuff they have that looks like good equipment.feelbetter now
Previous

Return to Synchronar