It is currently 15 May 2024, 13:41

Howard Riehl

• Author

cmgmg

Howard Riehl

Post25 Sep 2007, 20:13

I currently have a sunwatch that I've had since purchasing it since 1979. It's in perfect working order. Of course, I didn't use it for at least a decade but it was stored in a drawer all that time. I simply exposed it to direct sunlight and a light bulb until it was charged and I've been using it consistently for over a year and half. The LED's are still perfect.

However, I contacted Howard to see if he had any watch bands which he did. We talked over the phone about my sunwatch and he was very helpful ... telling me that it's really a MKIII but without the more expensive band and the plastic center bar.

It was a pleasure dealing with him and I hope to "upgrade" my watch to a MKIII as per his instructions.

TheFordGuy

Geek

Geek

: Howard Riehl

Post25 Sep 2007, 23:16

How much did it cost back in '79? These things in mint condition really command a premium price just due to the rarity of them now. Nice ones on eBay are fetching over a thousand dollars!
I've wanted one since I was a kid, but unfortunately, I can't justify spending that much on a 30 year old watch, even if it is indeed worth it.

They're quite an amazing piece of technology though.

cmgmg

Re: : Howard Riehl

Post10 Oct 2007, 18:04

TheFordGuy wrote:How much did it cost back in '79? These things in mint condition really command a premium price just due to the rarity of them now. Nice ones on eBay are fetching over a thousand dollars!
I've wanted one since I was a kid, but unfortunately, I can't justify spending that much on a 30 year old watch, even if it is indeed worth it.

They're quite an amazing piece of technology though.

Sorry, I haven't responded, I've been traveling. My watch cost around $200 back in 1979. It still works great. As I said, I had not used it for 20 years but now am using it for at least a year and half with no problems.

synchronar-newcomer

: Howard Riehl

Post10 Nov 2007, 17:58

hello synchronar-fans,
this is my first post, I hope I am doing the right thing !
I just want to emphasize, that I am one of those collectors who contacted Howard Riehl to get one of these famous synchronars.

I have bought from him one MK I which is in original unopened condition and still working fine.

The second one which I bought from Howard was the first RWR LE SR /003
from the first group made Jan.2006.

The service und support provided by Howard was absolutely perfect.
Currently I am trying to repair not working synchronars and I have one which is working now after replacement of the quartz.
Good luck for everybody who is trying to repair old synchronars.
technik und design

synchronar-newcomer

Re: : Howard Riehl

Post10 Nov 2007, 21:15

synchronar-newcomer wrote:hello synchronar-fans,
this is my first post, I hope I am doing the right thing !
I just want to emphasize, that I am one of those collectors who contacted Howard Riehl to get one of these famous synchronars.

I have bought from him one MK I which is in original unopened condition and still working fine.

The second one which I bought from Howard was the first RWR LE SR /003
from the first group made Jan.2006.

The service und support provided by Howard was absolutely perfect.
Currently I am trying to repair not working synchronars and I have one which is working now after replacement of the quartz.
Good luck for everybody who is trying to repair old synchronars.
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
technik und design

Return to Synchronar