It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 07:30

Synchronar recharging? and more pictures....

• Author

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Synchronar recharging? and more pictures....

Post23 Feb 2008, 20:29

Howard, et. al.;

I have a question about watch battery health. The Synchronar is working perfectly. I do not want to overcharge the watch or charge it at the incorrect time.

For example should the watch be rundown with the ET flasher once a year and then fully charged as per the chart in the instructions, or is it okay to just wear it daily and not worry about the charging as it is continously trickled charged by the panels in lighted areas.

I know with standard NiCad batteries it is always good to completely discharge them so the ‘memory’ of the last charge does not interfere with the charging cycle.

Cheers, Geoff

RWR LE 16

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

: Synchronar recharging? and more pictures....

Post23 Feb 2008, 23:58

Geoff,

The chargeing booklet is from pre 1982 but the main difference is you will not need to cycle or exersise the battery like helped the old nicads.If you use the ET flasher often times a week then you may need to fully charge(18 hrs 10-12 inches to 75-100 watt bulb) once a month.But over charging to a significant level is not likely.No sense keeping it in that 10-12 inch distance longer than 18 hours though.Also window sills are not as good as one would think.It heats everything up to 110 Deg F and above. Plus remember the window itself robs some of the suns effective light traveling through for charging purposes.Heavy paper clip on the side of an old large shade still works well if folks still have one.I even use a small fan near the bulb to keep them charging at a lower temperature but that is not necessary if you charge further than 8 inches to a 75 watt bulb.
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

: Synchronar recharging? and more pictures....

Post24 Feb 2008, 06:56

Thanks for the information Howard, and the email about the batteries and the technology inside the watch.

Just for others, the watch is perfect and already has garnered questions and praise from complete strangers at work. I had a 3 hour delay for a flight to Honolulu due to technical problems on one of the engines. While the Maintenance people dealt with the fault the crew and I sat at a Starbucks at the terminal near the departure gate.

While sitting there a passenger wearing a Patek Phillipe (I always notice the watch first!) came up to me and asked for a complete description and info on the Synchronar that I was wearing 8-)

That and the complete usefulness of the watch and it's functions, including the flashing alarm proved the value of the watch to me. The flashing elapsed time display was perfect as it allowed me to run the watch mode and still see the elapsed time on the flight, not to mention the 24 hour display on the second time zone which I leave set at GMT.

Excellent job Howard and many thanks :-D

Geoff

Return to Synchronar