It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:56

nice new years finde

• Author

egomon

Techie

Techie

nice new years finde

Post05 Jan 2014, 13:37

Hi. I've got recently this Mk1 and this is by far the most earlier model I've ever had. The serial number is 14,711 and the bottom does not have a small hole for adjusting the time. The watch looks like it no one hase worn it at all.
I can see the batteries have corroded the surroundings but I but it under the ligth and for mi BIG surprise the watch did light up. The segments are all there and for the very brief moment there was time as well but then it went dark. I was so surprised that the old batteries did work at all.
Now there is just random numbers and colons light up so its probably quarts circuit that has corroeded as well...!?
I will wait another couple of days and try to charge it before I open it up and try new batteries. Image

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: nice new years finde

Post05 Jan 2014, 19:59

Nice find 8-)

I would dive straight in and replace the batteries, the longer they are in there the more damaged they are likely to do.

egomon

Techie

Techie

Post06 Jan 2014, 14:27

HI. I did open it up today and there was no coeeoaion on the board but the batteries ware dead and little bit corroded so I replased them and the watch spring back to life wit all the segmenst working. I removed just little bit potting gel to fit new batteries and put it back together.

Regards

E.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post06 Jan 2014, 20:14

Congratulations :-)

You will have to post some fresh photo's. ;-)

Return to Synchronar