It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:33

Sears, Roebuck and Co. "R5" model LED watch - crys

• Author

BillyJim2005

Sears, Roebuck and Co. "R5" model LED watch - crys

Post16 Dec 2005, 19:06

I recently acquired a Sears, Roebuck and Co. "R5" LED watch. The watch works perfectly however there are 2 hairline fractures on the underside of the crystal that show up when illuminated. (groan). I really need a replacement crystal for this watch. I am waiting for Parsec to get back to me, as well as Perrin in Toronto but I don't really want a plastic one cut, I'd like a crystal one. So....

Does anyone know where I can get one? (Sears have "never heard of it")
Does anyone know ANYTHING about this watch ? Like who made it, when, and how much is sold for/ is worth?

You guys are basically my last hope. Please email me if you have ANY info that might help. There is a pic of my exact model of watch below in this link:

http://www.ledwatches.net/photo-pages/sears5.htm

I really appreciate this ! HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE !!!!

Colin

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Re: Sears, Roebuck and Co. "R5" model LED watch -

Post17 Dec 2005, 06:41

Well, you'll never find an original one unless the same watch shows up on Ebay; preferably one that is not working so you can get it for a good price.

Unfortunately, it's pretty obscure, compared to watches and watch parts like Pulsar, for example.

MJ

BillyJim2005

Post20 Dec 2005, 16:25

It is indeed proving impossible to find this watch crystal.

I can't believe I did this to my watch....

Kill me!

*sniff*

Bah Humbug...

spires

Post23 May 2006, 21:12

I have recently acquired this exact Sears-Roebuck r5 watch. It is not working right now, but I am not sure if that is because the batteries have died, or if it's broken.

I had it checked out by a watch dealer, and they said that the watch is valuable; seemed to think that I could pull in at least a few hundred dollars on ebay.

I'm guessing that the problem is the batteries, because it was kept in a cool, dry drawer.

Watch shows minor wear and tear; once I have a chance I'll post pics.

Interested?

spires1776@gmail.com

Return to All other LED watches