It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:00

Has anyone heard of the kuatron module?

• Author

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Has anyone heard of the kuatron module?

Post03 May 2006, 00:01

I've just been looking through the pages of ledwatches.net looking around for interesting designs, and found a watch by celestial, that apparently use 'the world famous kuatron module'. I've never heard of it, mot that that's saying much, and am just curious to know if it was rare, or common, interesting, and if any famous brands used it?

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Re: Has anyone heard of the kuatron module?

Post03 May 2006, 01:13

That would be a case of blatant marketing hype. I don't think any actual module back in those days was famous at all. Even the Pulsar module would not have been famous until well after the 70's. And then again, modules themselves are never really as famous as the actual watches are.

I really have to laugh at that. The module in that watch is just another one of those small ones that almost look like they are for ladies watches.

Jeff

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post03 May 2006, 02:21

Thanks for the info. Just as well I wasn't around at the time, could have really been pulled in by that bit of slick promoting :)

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post03 May 2006, 04:49

Sorry to jump in here but there is a long list of names,games,and false claims,involving digital watches Solar Powered or not.I have documented proof of names you may never have heard of before,because they were gone in less than 3 MONTHS after the false claim was presented.ONLY THE SYNCHRONAR STUCK AROUND LONG ENOUGH to outlast ALL competitors that left us all confused since 1979. If that is not a measure of success I don't know what is.The Synchronar is alive and strong for five decades with all others not lasting through their first.
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

joeywaycool

Techie

Techie

Post03 May 2006, 06:05

abacus wrote:I've just been looking through the pages of ledwatches.net looking around for interesting designs, and found a watch by celestial, that apparently use 'the world famous kuatron module'. I've never heard of it, mot that that's saying much, and am just curious to know if it was rare, or common, interesting, and if any famous brands used it?

I find it interesting that Celestial can identify their watch as a "Time Computer" as I had the understanding that this name was trade-marked by Hamilton/Pulsar. Am I wrong?

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post04 May 2006, 17:03

Hi the kuatron module fitted to Celestial watches is a cheapo looking thing that was made in Korea, i have never come across one in any other make of watch. the Celestial watch though (in my opinion) is very handsome indeed.they seem to sell for about ?200-?300 on the rare occasions you see them on ebay

Return to All other LED watches