It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:30

Rotary led

• Author

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

Rotary led

Post21 Jun 2006, 00:49

Does any one know who made the LED modules for Rotary? They have no branding on them but I've never seen them in any other watch.

Nice enough - sturdy (later) looking things with bubble lense led display, side mounted quartz crystal and temperamental contacts.

Never come across a dead one and was just wondering...

Dig-it-all

Geek

Geek

Re: Rotary led

Post23 Jul 2006, 15:46

Funny you should mention that, I sold a Rotary last year on eBay (selling another soon). The module was the most interesting I have ever seen of a standard LED watch. If you could tell me how to paste it onto this message I would let you all see it.

Sorry for being an unskilled user.

Otherwise I could email it you of you are interested.

It looks like a high school project with a chip stuck on a circuit board.

Diginut

Techie

Techie

Post25 Jul 2006, 06:30

I'd be keen to see this module - sounds fascinating !

As for uploading pics, you need to log onto to a public pic hosting service like www.photobucket.com and register once.

From then on just upload pics of a reasonable size (eg, 800 x 600 pixels). Whenever you want to include them on this forum or in an email you just cut and paste the link shown under each photobucket pic. Its pretty straight forward once youve set it up.

Hope this helps.

Dig-it-all

Geek

Geek

Dig-it-all

Geek

Geek

Post25 Jul 2006, 23:11

Diginut wrote:From then on just upload pics of a reasonable size (eg, 800 x 600 pixels). Whenever you want to include them on this forum or in an email you just cut and paste the link shown under each photobucket pic. Its pretty straight forward once youve set it up.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Diginut ...... I appreciate it.

Diginut

Techie

Techie

Post26 Jul 2006, 00:40

glad to help.

one tip from the above link ... you have successfully cut and pasted the 'URL' link for the picture which is the 1st of 3 links shown under each photobucket pic.

*BUT* in order to show the picture within the text of your DWF post instead of the the URL address, you need to cut and past the 3rd link down known as the 'img' link which normally starts off with '[img]http://...." and include it in the same way as before. WHen you preview your post you will see the picture included.

Also, If the uploaded pic is too big then DWF automatically resizes it to fit a minimal window size, but just clicking on the image from DWF will show the full sized thing.

check it out - its easy once you know how :)

Return to All other LED watches