It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:22

CONCORD LED WATCHES

• Author

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

CONCORD LED WATCHES

Post30 Jun 2006, 21:17

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS BRAND?
THEY SEEM TO HAVE APPEARED ONLY OCCASIONALY FOR SALE.
HOW SCARCE ARE THEY? WHAT ABOUT RELIABILITY?
AND QUALITY?
I SEE ON E BAY MODERN CONCORD WATCHES ARE VERY EXPENSIVE INDEED .ARE THE LEDS FROM THE SAME COMPANY?
WHAT ARE THEY COMPARED TO WITH REGARDS TO OTHER BRANDS?

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Re: CONCORD LED WATCHES

Post01 Jul 2006, 07:47

I'd say there are about 5 to 10 working ones, in good shape, on Ebay a year. They are no different than any other brand; you're just paying for the name BUT the stainless steel model with stainless steel band is very nice looking, like the one below. Of course, like most manufactures of the 70's, they didn't make their own modules. They chose to go with the 25mm Hughes modules for their cases.

http://www.ledwatches.net/photo-pages/concord5.htm

Jeff

notonly1

Techie

Techie

Post02 Jul 2006, 02:02

The Concord led watches were made by the same company as the current Concord watches and in my opinion are better that average in quality. I have 2 of these, this one http://www.ledwatches.net/photo-pages/concord4.htm and another one of the same design only larger (this one has the name silkscreened on the lense). Both are heavier than most leds and use quality Swiss made cases and bands. Judging by the weight of the watches I believe that the band links are solid stainless steel. They both use Hughes modules with the larger one using the 1" module and the smaller one using the .80". I don't know if the smaller one was intended for women or smaller men, but because of the weight of the watch and the size of the band I think it would be a bit much for a woman. They don't come up on eBay very often but when they do, the're definitely worth considering as a nice addition to your collection.

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post02 Jul 2006, 07:26

I forgot about the heavy factor concerning this watch. I don't currently have one in my collection but I used to and they do have a very nice weight to them. It's too bad they didn't make the cases a little larger and use the 29mm Hughes module, which is much more reliable.

Jeff

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post02 Jul 2006, 15:45

my concord has an original leather band with logo on clasp
its also boxed .
in the same style as noteonly 1s
i think its 18k plated
im not sure about the size of the module i think it must be an earlier one because it looks like a dot matrix pattern .it also has a dow module.
are the crystals glass?
what would the compare to against others for quality?

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post03 Jul 2006, 02:54

So you have this watch? Well, you may know more about it than I do then. :) The module will be the 25mm Hughes, if it's the mens version. There was never a dot matrix version of this module because they started making them in '76 but some have a dot matrix LOOK to them, as Hughes used shorter bars for the digits on some of the later modules. Day of the week is common with this module but most did not have it.

As for comparing the quality, I wouldn't worry about it. :) With a nice heavy 18K plated case, I think it's pretty darn good.

Jeff

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post03 Jul 2006, 17:26

very interesting about thoes huges modules.i have seen many wittnauers compuchron s with huges modules . never thought they made the line segments with short bars.i believe they made the watch in two sizes 25mm and 29mm modules
i must send a pic of the display on my watch.if you enlarge the image it shure looks liks a dot matrix display(solid square dots)as opposed to short bars.
are they up their with bulovas hamiltons and pulsars with regard to overall quality?

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post03 Jul 2006, 17:31

forgot to ask..if this watch has this short bar segments would this have been their last modules? whish other watches would possibly have this module?

Return to All other LED watches