It is currently 15 May 2024, 03:38

Blade Runner dual-LED prop watch

• Author

ctaylor8

Blade Runner dual-LED prop watch

Post27 Sep 2013, 21:37

Hi- I'm looking for a good place to post this. In the classic 1982 movie Blade Runner, the prop department grafted two LED digitals together for M. Emmet Walsh's character to wear. Do they look like Pulsars? What does everyone think? Thanks

bladerunner_bryant.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: Blade Runner dual-LED prop watch

Post28 Sep 2013, 01:38

They don't look like Pulsar's to me, the shape of the crystal is similar to the P1 and the 'sport' model but the case shape does not match for either of those. The closest match that I could come up with was an Ingersoll, the shape of the crystal looks right at least but it's hard to say due to the angle and blur on the photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ctaylor8

Post29 Sep 2013, 18:02

Wow that looks like a pretty good match.

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post29 Sep 2013, 21:41

The watch might be a match but not the brand as they did not have Ingersoll in the US.
Ingersoll however sold many watches with their private label so it's very likely an Asian make branded differently for different markets.
In US this might have been a Baylor, again a private labelling jewelry store.
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

Return to All other LED watches