It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:16

vintage "Lemania" LED watch or a fake???

• Author

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

vintage "Lemania" LED watch or a fake???

Post10 Jul 2017, 22:36

Hi all,
I've seen this watch on Ebay (the photo 1 below) and I was intrigued by it and almost tempted to buy it. :grin1:
But a later analysis of the zoomed photos showed me that the Lemania name and the Lemania "crown" are not properly CENTERED on the crystal, and the engraved LEMANIA name it is not according to the state-of-the-art LEMANIA graphical representation (e.g. please see the last A of Lemania logo/name on the watch and in the proper logo - photo 2).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-WATCH-OROL ... 2762475268
Even worse, there is no LEMANIA logo or name on the caseback (photo 3)
But I may have been wrong, so I kindly ask Your expert opinion about this watch - could it be genuine??? :scratch:
Thanks in advance,
:dwf:

Photo 1 - the face of the watch

Photo 2 - A Proper Lemania brand

Photo 3 - the "Lemania" watch Caseback
Every watch should have its own story...consequently, a watch collector has to be a good storyteller :)

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: vintage "Lemania" LED watch or a fake???

Post12 Jul 2017, 02:31

Don't know but, could it be that the original crown symbol would have interfered with the led display?

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post13 Jul 2017, 15:51

Maybe Mick knows more?
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Post16 Jul 2017, 19:10

767Geoff wrote:Don't know but, could it be that the original crown symbol would have interfered with the led display?

Hi,
Thanks for Your kind opinion,
But what I have meant for CENTERED was about LEFT-RIGHT centered symbols/logos/names, not UP/Down - that "would have interfered with the led display" ... :grin1:
And the "crown" OR LEMANIA name seems NOT centered on the LEFT-RIGHT scheme into dial, at least to me... :grin1:
Not to mention that LEMANIA name it's not properly written according to LEMANIA's regular logo...pls see the LEMANIA logo in the photo above!
Anyway, after some extensive online searching I have only found one other mention of a "Lemania LED" watch, but without a proper photo...
Thus, the question still remains: was there a Lemania LED watch made in the 70's OR not???
Regards,
Every watch should have its own story...consequently, a watch collector has to be a good storyteller :)

Return to All other LED watches