Eye Candy!

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Eye Candy!

Post29 Jun 2012, 02:03

Some of you may remember me from the old forum where I did postings on LED watches, specifically the HP-01. Well I thought I would share some Seiko restorations that I have completed over the years.

Some of the images do not show a digital display only because a battery was not installed. All these watches were picked up as-is in sad shape. Fortunately my job (pilot) allows me to visit different countries and visit Seiko parts supply houses where I have been able to source parts. In some case, complete NOS cases have been secured as well as modules, parts of modules and etc. Case restoration and movement diassembly have been done by me. Nice hobby! All gaskets including pusher gaskets replaced, new crystals installed when needed and full case refurbishments. Modules completely disassembled and cleaned.

I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I had fun restoring the watches. Meanwhile, the hunt continues!!!

Cheers, Geoff

This one was my first digital watch and was a birthday gift in 1977. Case restored lately as well as new crystal installed.

My favourite Digi-Ani watch! Have three all in NOS condition now.

Two of these, fun watches but the dot matrix display is not as dark as the dedicated LCD segmented displays.

Well, had to add the CASIO as it is a cool watch (restored three of these with new crystals and pushers.)

Back to the Seikos and calculators. NOS case and pushers, and crystal.

Four of these restored, including the pushers pens they supplied with the watch:

Three of these all with different coloured bezels.

The astronauts are all recent aquisitions. Inititially I had asked for two new crystals from a supplier. He went to the backroom and arrived saying: "no crystals in stock, but would two NOS cases be okay!!!" Sold them to me for the cost of the crystals. I also have two restored cases now awaiting some donor modules!

Of course one must have the sailing watch. This one got a case restoration, new crystal and new bezel insert.

What collection would not be complete without the 'running man'. Here are two versions.

Being a pilot I need the world timers of course including a NOS dual display found in its box in the window of a watch/jewelry store collecting dust in the front window. Paid $20 for it as the jeweller thought it would never work again as it sat there from the 80's until 2009! A battery powered it up immediately! Unfortunately I do not currently have a battery for it when I took these pictures ;-(

Heres the earlier alarm version minus the world map display, two of these in the collection.

And the PAN AM version (three all in NOS) with new crystal and case restoration.

Some really early chronograph models found in thrift stores and all with new crystals and case restorations

An early time only.

And my only stem driven watch, and with two time zones!

A gorgeous twin timer. Nice thing about this timer as it countsdown from 19 hours as well as counting up to 19 hours. Great for the long haul flights I do out of Vancouver to Sydney or Hong Kong.

And Dad gave me his for restoration.

Alex

Geek

Geek

Re: Eye Candy!

Post29 Jun 2012, 02:21

OH MY GOD!
I want all of them :oops: :oops:

congratulations :-)

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post29 Jun 2012, 02:35

:-D

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post29 Jun 2012, 12:04

very nice ones Geoff..my favorite are the running man A714-5020..built like a rock..special inlay and 2 colored background.
and the early one 0662-5009 ..2 frontbuttons..very strong and space age style.
and last the calculator c515.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

KARNAK

Techie

Techie

Post29 Jun 2012, 13:28

Hi Geoff,

What a collection, never seen so many SEIKO'S like this before, you should be very proud of your collection, they are all in real good condition a treasure trove for sure.

Regards,

Karnak.

Cesar

Wizard

Wizard

Post29 Jun 2012, 21:31

Respect nice job on the restaurations. :-D
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
The reason i collect watches is because it feels like i'm buying time.

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

Post29 Jun 2012, 23:02

Very nice collection! I like how much well kept and well-restored are the models. I'm not into LCD watches but I'm amazed to see such a large collection in these conditions. Congratulations! :-D
Image Image

simone

Guru

Guru

Post30 Jun 2012, 14:22

Wow very nice!!!!congratulations.....Seiko rule :-D
Some watches are made to last only as long as they are fashionable
Some watches, simply are not made to last
Seiko watches are designed to withstand the ravages of both time and fashion
Someday perhaps, all watches will be made this way

Seiko Kid

Wizard

Wizard

Post01 Jul 2012, 23:34

Great stuff there Geoff. Nice to see another avid Seiko collector

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Post09 Jul 2012, 21:02

Fantastic collection. I love the A714- 5020 and I'm normally a LED only fan (although I do have a few and now know my next purchase)

Thanks for sharing the pictures - I always love looking at watches.

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches