It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:20

Open Links In A New Tab?

Please write what you like me to improve or what´s currently not working properly.
  • Author

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Open Links In A New Tab?

Post06 Jan 2013, 12:58

Not a major issue by any stretch of the imagination but would it be better for links to open in a new tab? When the subject matter relates to the link it would enable the link to be kept open for reference purposes.

Also we have a link to 'view active topics' but what is classed as an active topic?

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Open Links In A New Tab?

Post06 Jan 2013, 18:26

Seems like a good idea. Will have a look at it as soon I'm back from weekend. Don't know of its possible.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post07 Jan 2013, 11:32

The new "feature" where one must be logged-in before the 'View Active Topics' buttons are visible is also extremely annoying :-(

egomon

Techie

Techie

Post07 Jan 2013, 11:51

The new "feature" where one must be logged-in before the 'View Active Topics' buttons are visible is also extremely annoying

Extremely annoying !@@!

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post07 Jan 2013, 12:47

Shoot guys, I see what I can do.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post07 Jan 2013, 15:14

charger105 wrote:The new "feature" where one must be logged-in before the 'View Active Topics' buttons are visible is also extremely annoying :-(

I use the 'log me in automatically' option :?:

dongle

Post08 Jan 2013, 01:26

egomon wrote:
The new "feature" where one must be logged-in before the 'View Active Topics' buttons are visible is also extremely annoying

Extremely annoying !@@!
Some forums do that to force you to join in order to read - others take the other tact of leaving members only stuff for a small sliver of the site like sales and humor. Setting up the forum to open external links on new tabs couldn't be too hard. :mrgreen:

My post has been edited by the moderator again.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post13 Jan 2014, 23:47

dongle wrote:
egomon wrote:

Extremely annoying !@@!
Some forums do that to force you to join in order to read - others take the other tact of leaving members only stuff for a small sliver of the site like sales and humor. Setting up the forum to open external links on new tabs couldn't be too hard. :mrgreen:

My post has been edited by the moderator again.

Think yourself fortunate... Mine just get completely deleted with no explanation. M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

Return to New Forum: Problems and Proposals