Ventura Digital watch? I love them. :)

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Ventura Digital watch? I love them. :)

Post20 Oct 2015, 23:49

I was into digital watch when I was a kid, and I have never out grow that part of me. :)

Forward to some years later, I discovered Ventura watch (http://www.ventura.ch) and fall in love with their design. On a sales event, I picked up my first Ventura and my favorite, the Ventura Sigma (though it was on sale and I still paid way too much for it, LOL). It just sing to me on so many level, the way it wears, the looks and design, the symmetry of the numbers on the LCD display (which is shown in the Kappa picture). I always describe the design of the Sigma as the long head of Alien. The way the LCD is angled is perfect for reading the time in many situation. To be honest, the watch is not perfectly comfortable to wear for my wrist size some times, but I don't care. Its comfortable enough and I just love the design of the watch.

Then comes the Ventura Kappa. This model has long been discontinued and took me a while to find a nice used one. Its made with hardened titanium and and similar module as the Sigma. Again, I really like the simple design and how the LCD is angled slighted towards the wearer. This one is light and comfortable. I almost don't feel like I am wearing a watch when its on a leather strap and the way the case curves slightly to sit nicely on the wrist. Again, it has its flaws and this time is with the scroll wheel. It doesn't really have enough purchase for my fingers to turn it for setting and using other function. But still, I enjoy the design and will gladly look pass the flaws.

I think these 2 are my favorite from Ventura's offering. I am beginning to like their older analog watches and chronographs. Maybe I won't be able to resist and get one of those in the future. :)

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Ventura Digital watch? I love them. :)

Post23 Oct 2015, 15:49

Great shots and super nice watches and i would like to buy one of these. But there is no seller in Belgium so it's impossible to find it here to try:-(
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post23 Oct 2015, 23:02

Like the watches and the power generator concept. Hate the price.

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post03 Feb 2016, 21:30

A Sigma

And a Kappa

:)

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post07 Feb 2016, 14:45

Absolute classics,more so the Sigma,a piece of art for the wrist.The best digital display available anywhere,rare and built without price constraints at the time.The idea was to create something unique using the best possible materials,and they managed that perfectly.
Can i ask could you post a pic with the red rubber strap on the Sigma?I think it would look great! :mega: :-D

jimster

Nerd

Nerd

Post09 Feb 2016, 19:35

I absolutely love the Kappa. I'm on the hunt for one.

I'm waiting for my Sparc RX to arrive.

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post09 Feb 2016, 20:45

I picked up a 2003 Alpha with intermittent function and a very short bracelet. Contacted Ventura USA and ordered four segments for the bracelet. Pulled the module and cleaned the contacts, some battery residue on the contacts only. Case and strap were covered in Grunge DNA making them look horrible. Cleaned up perfect!

All that for 200 USd plus the four links, another 200USd. Watch is perfect, scratch free thanks to the stainless treatment and the sapphire crystal. Stem roller functions perfectly with a drop of deoxit on the contacts. Renewed gaskets.

Love the watch.

Geoff

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post10 Feb 2016, 21:07

Is that strap on the Kappa original? Where did you source the black rubber one on the Sigma? How is it adjusted,can you cut it to fit?

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post22 Feb 2016, 23:56

holly35 wrote:Is that strap on the Kappa original? Where did you source the black rubber one on the Sigma? How is it adjusted,can you cut it to fit?

Both straps are aftermarket. The Kappa uses 26mm strap while the Sigma uses 24mm strap, so they are not interchangeable. :p

The rubber strap is an eBay 24mm rubber strap with deployant. Its cut to fit and it works well so far. I needed to have that butterfly style deployant clasps because of my 6.5" wrist size. The strap fits with the shortest hole and just 1 micro-adjustment left on the clasps. :p

The Sigma is my absolute fav digital watch. Period. :)

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post19 Jul 2016, 01:07

stockae92 wrote:Then comes the Ventura Kappa. This model has long been discontinued and took me a while to find a nice used one.

The kappa (Ti bracelet) has been my EDC since I purchased it ages ago. It is from the first production run shortly before ventura's bankruptcy.
I'm still trying to find a perfect alpha for a reasonable price to complete my collection.
Last edited by rewolf on 22 Jul 2016, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post19 Jul 2016, 01:10

rewolf wrote:I'm still trying to find a perfect alpha for a reasonable price to complete my collection.

Not if I beat you to it first ... ;-)

jimster

Nerd

Nerd

Post25 Jan 2017, 00:29

I recently picked up An Alpha with the bracelet. The bracelet was just too heavy for my wrist so I went with a strap. After seeing the Kappa with the Red Strap I knew that was what I wanted for the Alpha. Alas, Hirsch didn't make a smooth red one in 24mm so I picked up a navy blue. Nice, but still wanting the red I contacted WatchObsession and they had Hirsch do a one off special order.
Now, I've got the Alpha, Delta (black) Sigma and Sparc RX. I'm still looking for an affordable Kappa. Image

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post09 Feb 2017, 00:33

nice! Congrats on your Alpha.

Kappa is harder to find I supposed. I haven't seen many of them available. But its oh-so-comfortable because of titanium and the slight curved case

How much does Hirsch charge for the one off custom strap? I want some 26mm taper to 22mm or 24mm :D

jimster

Nerd

Nerd

Post19 Mar 2017, 21:37

If i recall I paid about $124US including shipping. It's short 110/70 which works for me.

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post19 Apr 2017, 01:32

Got myself a brown leather strap, time for a strap update :)

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post19 Apr 2017, 01:38

jimster wrote:If i recall I paid about $124US including shipping. It's short 110/70 which works for me.

Thanks for the info :)

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post01 May 2017, 02:01

stockae92 wrote:Kappa is harder to find I supposed. I haven't seen many of them available. But its oh-so-comfortable because of titanium and the slight curved case

IMO the Kappa is the best Ventura up to date. Won't ever sell mine, been EDC'ing it for almost 10 years and still not a single scratch on it.

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post09 May 2017, 02:53

Time for another strap change. :)

jimster

Nerd

Nerd

Post05 Jun 2017, 06:18

I just ordered a blue strap for mine.
I love the colors!

Jim

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post27 Jul 2017, 23:58

Kappa on black strap in an elevator :D

jimster

Nerd

Nerd

Post20 Sep 2017, 02:16

Dang,
I'm away from the Forum for a bit and you get more straps.
NICE!!

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post23 Sep 2017, 00:37

The "Battery Low" indicator came on today for my Sigma. Its about time for a battery change.

Next

Return to Modern Digitals