It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:02

Another P1 listing on eBay "Tiffany" ?

• Author

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Another P1 listing on eBay "Tiffany" ?

Post08 Dec 2018, 21:12

Item number 254016700487. Single, poorly focused pic. Appears the "Tiffany & Co." has been crudely engraved above the crystal. Claims to have magnet, no serial number given, no other pics. One more absurd asking price of US$19,000. It would be possible, but very expensive, to repair the damage to the face (and I can't believe, for a second, that Tiffany would so disfigure a watch, even with their own name...the placement is simply awful). I seem to have a vague recollection of seeing this before, but, it's been so many years, I'm not really certain, any more. I'm going to try to get the seller to post some (hopefully clearer!) pics...the serial number would be interesting, if nothing else. Another P1 in desperate need of a proper home...
While I agree that this is the "real deal", I have no idea what the seller is talking about with the "holyfield" reference...what is that about...???

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Another P1 listing on eBay "Tiffany" ?

Post08 Dec 2018, 21:46

I had to connect to the US version of ebay to see this, the UK version wouldnt show it, so here's the pic. You may be wrong about Tiffany happily deforming watches Bruce, this is what they did to the Chronosplit - which has been authenticated as genuine Tiffany by the Heuer fanatics. Vandalism imo. How you prove that P1s authenticity now is anyones guess ,Tiffany kept no records. The "real deal" refers to boxer Evander "the real deal" Holyfield. I note on a genuine Tiffany watch, the " T " and the "C" are capitals, taller. The "F" on that P1 appears too tall, hard to say from that crappity pic though

p1 tiffany (480x640).jpg

chiarachronosplit-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post09 Dec 2018, 03:03

I think the photo is deliberately blurry, to conceal the fact that the Tiffany logo is poorly done...lettering doesn't even look like it's on a straight line...slants down to the right, to my eye. Could be fixed; clean out the black paint, weld in new 18K gold into the letters, resurface the face to restore flatness, and re-brush. Very possible, but about a thousand-dollar repair. Still, even as it is, it looks better than the diamond-studded one...
The other so-called Tiffany P1 is the one with the small letters "tfy" engraved on the smooth side of the case. Not buying that claim, either...you'll never get me to believe that Tiffany would EVER abbreviate their name, and in lower-case letters, to boot! Could be somebody's initials, but who personalizes things with lower-case initials...?
Anyway, no word from the seller, yet...so, stay tuned.

Update...reply received...says he's been offered $12K. More pics coming. Serial number P754534.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post10 Dec 2018, 14:37

Here's some more pics the seller sent to Bruce, appears to me the seller is showing us everything except what we want to see. I messed with the pics a bit and i agree, last 3 digits appear as "534". If thats Tiffany, i'll eat breakfast there

P1 Tiffany b-1 (2) (480x640).jpg

P1 Tiffany d-1 (480x640).jpg

P1 Tiffany e-2.jpg

P1 Tiffany f-1 (640x480).jpg

P1 Tiffany g.jpg

P1 Tiffany h-1 (2) (360x640).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

led247

Post10 Dec 2018, 14:48

HI ALL, just been looking at the new p1 listed (tiffany) have looked under magnifying glass, it appears to be writ on with a marker pen (not engraved) and looks like its spelt wrong, i am guessing that tiffany was added to pump up the price...

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post10 Dec 2018, 16:45

Makes you wonder at the mentality of someone that would scribble on such an expensive watch (if thats whats happened) Good news for the eventual buyer if thats all it is, minimal restoration.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post15 Jun 2019, 00:24

This watch briefly re-appeared a few days ago at $9850 (an interesting price, considering he claimed he'd been offered $12000). I was going to offer $7000 (a real-world, realistic number, all factors considered), but I see the listing has ended...reason, "Item no longer available". We'll see, but, if it did actually sell, where did it go?

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton