It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:59

Heavy worn TC1 18K

• Author

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Heavy worn TC1 18K

Post02 Oct 2020, 10:47

Thanks to Lloyd I could purchase an Omega Time Computer I 18K about 2 weeks ago. It was located in Belgium, just 45km from where I am from.
The watch was in family hands since the purchase in Feb. 1975. Box and papers came with the watch.

I am not sure when this model first hit the market but it seems that it wasn´t even easy for Omega to sell 100 pieces. I bought (and later sold) another TC I 18K a while back, also heavy worn, also in the family since new, in Canada.

Now I am wondering how many watches are still existing. Why would someone sell (or melt) family watches if there´s no need to do so?

A few pics from the seller:

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Heavy worn TC1 18K

Post02 Oct 2020, 11:55

super, damn i missed that one here ;-) lol just kidding...great find :-D

:dwf:
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post02 Oct 2020, 12:27

Hi Kasper,

the seller was closer to Aachen then to your place. :nikolaus: :nikolaus: :nikolaus:

Hanno.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post16 Nov 2020, 16:17

Wow, super nice piece!

Why melt? - occasionally there is a solid one that has taken a serious wack and been cracked, since the cast gold alloy will do that. OR terribly gouged, like a drunk man fell against a brick wall and raked it badly. I've melted 3 in 15 years, but I was somewhat responsible - I kept the backs, rings, bands and buttons. No need to be hasty. Someone might need them someday.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Omega and GP