Bulova Big block crown

Put wanted items here, please.
  • Author

egomon

Techie

Techie

Bulova Big block crown

Post12 Oct 2019, 09:23

I have a gold colored bulova big block without a crown. If someone has a spare i would be interested.

Regards.

E.

dodger1954

Geek

Geek

Re: Bulova Big block crown

Post09 Oct 2020, 00:29

Hey, I saw your post, from nearly a year ago;...did you ever find a gold colored crown/pushbutton, for your Bulova Big-Block watch? I've got lots of Big-Block watches and parts, for both the gold plated ones and the chrome models, and the gold ones used the same crown/stem in both of their models of the gold-plated version, the "blingy" ones, and the "plain-Jane" ones. So, whichever one you have (IF, you still have it), it uses the same gold plated crown, that were used for all of the gold plated models. Anyway, I've got a few of the crowns. What I don't have, however, is very many of the little brass reeds, that locks into and holds the crown in place;...do you happen to still have that brass reed, in your watch? ..And, did you ever find the crown, that you needed?

Regards,
Charles

egomon

Techie

Techie

Post09 Oct 2020, 08:11

Hi. What a surprise. I have the watch and it has the stem just the crown is missing.

dodger1954

Geek

Geek

Post09 Oct 2020, 13:48

Hmm;...well, that WOULD be a problem, if the crown somehow gets unscrewed from the stem and gets away from you, and I'll admit, I haven't seen that happen, very often :roll: .
I'm not sure what Bulova originally used to keep those things from unscrewing, perhaps a little 'Loctite' on the stem's threads, or something like that..?
..Anyway, as I have a couple of stem-&-crown assemblies among my watch parts, I reckon I could send you one, the complete assembly.
Then, all you'd need to do is swap it out with your old one...I'd recommend swapping out the whole thing into your watch, rather than trying to screw the crown onto your existing stem;...I figure, as it's already unscrewed itself once, why take the chance that it would happen again, and then you'd lose yet another crown? :-? .
..So, anyway;...what's your address? Do you happen to be in the U.S., which would be a lot easier than trying to mail it to some place outside the U.S.? ..And, cost more, to mail it..? I'm in Florida, by the way.. 8-) .

Cheers,
Charles Jenkins

egomon

Techie

Techie

Post11 Oct 2020, 07:04

I sent yoy PM!
Regards Egon

dodger1954

Geek

Geek

Post12 Oct 2020, 17:05

Hi Egon,

Yes, I just found your message, and have sent you a reply. I wasn't going to charge you anything for the crown & stem assembly;...I was giving it to you for free, as I just wanted to help you get your watch fixed up. So, no cost is involved, except possibly postage cost..? ..But, perhaps not even THAT, if you happen to be in the U.S. (I couldn't seem to figure out where you're located). IF you're in the U.S., I expect a padded envelope could be mailed for a couple of bucks or so, and I'm okay with that;...OR, if you're outside the U.S., then it would probably cost significantly more to mail it, in that case. Anyway, just let me know where you're located, and we'll go from there. However, I'm about to go out of town on an overnite trip, though, and will get back to you tomorrow, once I have returned.

Cheers,
Charles :)

dodger1954

Geek

Geek

Post14 Oct 2020, 17:30

Hi Egon,

I sent you a message a day or two ago, with my PayPal email address, so you could send that payment of $16, to cover the cost of mailing this crown & stem assembly to you. The actual postage cost for a padded envelope OR a small box, via First Class Mail, is going to be $14.50, according to the U.S. post office's website. So, for a $16 payment through PayPal, PayPal would keep $1 of that for their processing fee (4.4% plus 30 cents), which would leave just enough to pay for the postage on this mailing, to get it sent out to you (if you don't count the cost of the envelope or box, plus the trip to the post office to mail it, of course). So, if you want to do that (send that payment for the postage cost), I'm willing to finally get this thing off to Finland, so you can fix-up your Bulova.

Regards,
Charles

dodger1954

Geek

Geek

Post16 Oct 2020, 15:58

Hello Egon,

I don't know what's going on, maybe your mailbox is full or something, but it seems like our messages aren't going through, either here in your original post from a year ago, or in the Private Messages. DID you get my PM message, with my email address, so you can send the payment for mailing that crown & stem assembly to you? I had a couple of extras of those parts, and I don't mind just giving one of them to you, if you're willing to at least pay the postage cost, which is $14.50. So, with PayPal's fee, $16 would cover it, and I'll even supply the padded envelope or small box to mail it in, and then take it down to the post office, and get it on its' way to Finland :) .

Cheers,
Charles

Return to Watches and Parts Needed