Ventura digitals page.

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Ventura digitals page.

Post13 Jun 2018, 18:37

Please feel free to list your Ventura purchase stories and pics !

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Ventura digitals page.

Post15 Jun 2018, 19:40

Around 10 years ago i had quite a nice vintage watch collection,which i sold off for personal reasons.The usual fare of Pulsars ,Hamiltons and Seikos etcThere were photos listed ,as i recall somewhere on this forum.....Among them there were two i very much regret selling,one a nos Hamilton QED which was genuinely from a closing store and was as you would have collected it from the shop in 1974.Not like the usual "nos mint" stuff that constantly circles around ebay with multiple owners,this was something special.The other was a Seiko 0624 with the yellow face,also new but not working.I managed to source a new module from Japan and it was like new again.Sadly i sold the Hamilton to a gentleman in the States who was also called Mr Hamilton.Even after all these years he contacted me recently looking for more....
The Seiko went to Australia i think........Of them all though the Seiko was the biggest regret.
This takes me nicely to Ventura and the Delta.A watch with almost identical dimensions and very similar design,in fact it could well be the 0624 if it was made today.
However it must be said while the Seiko is beautifully made and designed,the Delta is on another level with so much detailing and subtle design elements its imo the worlds most beautiful digital watch.Gone is the mass market feel of the Seiko,replaced with stunningly high build and finish, and introducing a beautiful blue tinted sapphire glass which is curved inwards, its a designers dream.
Designed by Hannes Wettstein the Delta along with the original Alpha are future classics .Sadly its been discontinued for a few years now.....
This all comes round to this thread,as i have managed to purchase probably the last Delta available from a registered Ventura dealer in the original standard durinox on a black buffalo leather strap...its insanely beautiful.
IMG_0252 (1).jpg
Seiko-0624-8-700x525.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post17 Jul 2018, 03:43

I basically knew I had to have one when I first saw the Sigma, probably from a Timezone link or something. There is no way around it. End of story. :nikolaus:

I bought mine directly from Ventura. Its the bracelet version. But I never wear it on bracelet because its about one non-removeable link too big for my wrist. I was also able to source a rubber strap without breaking my bank. Yet, I still wear mine on this aftermarket rubber strap.

It also shows up in the movie Bangkok Dangerous

That was almost 5 years ago. And I did one DIY battery change with no issue.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post29 Jul 2018, 12:32

IMO three of Venturas best.......
IMG_0304 (1).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post30 Jul 2018, 22:53

Nice! Indeed.

I *almost* would add Kappa to that "Venturas' Best" list, but that crown is much harder to work with than the SS ones.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post31 Jul 2018, 08:36

Your probably right ,the Kappa should also be included.The scroll wheel on the Kappa is not as "grippy" as the other design so yes i see what you mean.
The Alpha 2 is perhaps on the border too big for me,but the Gamma falls into the original sweet size for my wrist.I feel its more attractive than the Alpha 2 if im honest.
It has a machined tooled look and casual style to it. However i prefer the flat crystal on the Alpha 2 .
I stick to the rubber /leather straps as the bracelet version,although beautifully made are too heavy for me and they slide up and down on my narrower wrist.The rubber straps are flexible and soft and have a grip to them that keeps them from sliding too much.
I do think the earlier models have the edge on overall quality which is up with the best available anywhere.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post04 Nov 2018, 12:32

Who hasn't regretted selling a treasured piece? Ive done it countless times in the past ,sometimes that horrible feeling that i should not have sold it creeping in before you've returned from the post office after its gone. Now im far more careful giving it some serious thought before i ever consider passing on a nice watch. Among my watches that falls into this was my BMW Z watch which i sold to a friend on this forum.It was a beautiful watch and like most Ventura models pictures do not convey the quality and feel that all owners will understand.I remember handling the Z watch and admiring its design.I loved the way it was so clean and free of any added decoration and the way the leather flowed into the bezel free glass.The only thing i thought was wouldn't it be amazing if you could have lost the side bezel design making it even more pure?
It wasnt till a few years later i saw the Ventura Sparc FX. Exactly as i has envisaged with no bezel at all in its design, but even better.Super light weight nitrogen oxide hardened titanium case ( for those in the UK weighing the equivalent of two standard packets of Walkers crisps) twin sapphire crystals and soft rubber strap.This was the only Titanox cased auto digital that Ventura has produced to date.The ven99 movement was pretty special and remains today as one of the best digital displays. Its one of Hannes Wettsteins finest designs .Sadly its been discontinued for some time.
I also have a large collection of past Ventura catalogues and brochures showing all their models ,digital and analogue,its a fantastic record of their now discontinued models.
Luck am i to be able to bring you the following ....teaser pic
IMG_1065.JPG

Return to Modern Digitals