It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 03:42

P1 Listing on ebay

• Author

coconutman351

Techie

Techie

P1 Listing on ebay

Post14 Oct 2018, 06:58

Just found a P1 listing on ebay. Seller is asking $30,000.00 buy it now. Does not appear to function. From the photo's it appears to have the later module vs. the multi chip version. I've attached the listing link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Extremely-Rare ... %7Ciid%3A1

coconutman351

Techie

Techie

Re: P1 Listing on ebay

Post15 Oct 2018, 20:12

The P1 serial number is barely legible, looks like it's 754249 from what I can see. Perhaps Bruce could shed some light into this P1 and if it's really worth $30K if now what would a fair offer be?

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post15 Oct 2018, 22:34

Yes, I saw this listing when it was about half an hour old. I have sent a message inquiring as to the known history of the watch (if any); so far, no reply. I am assuming this is a recent "safe-deposit box find".
I read the serial number as 249, also, and this does not show up on my list of "known" P1s, so I am reasonably sure this is a "new" one...the first in over two years; I guess it makes my estimate of about 50 a little more accurate. We really need a fully updated list of known numbers, as soon as possible.
Even the seller admits the price (US$30000), is a complete shot in the dark, and I agree with him (doubtless, he is taking the preposterous $40000 price on the "wear sample" as a guide to value). In it's current cosmetic condition, not working, no magnet, (as a plus, it has a decent-length bracelet...19 or 20 links) I'd be hard-pressed to go much over $7K on this one (even if I was inclined to go after it, which I'm NOT...10 is enough!...for the moment, at least). It's going to need restoration, repair, and a magnet...that's an additional couple grand, to bring it "up to snuff". Right now, I doubt a double-boxed, complete, minty example would go for more than $15K or so, so some of the prices out there are just wildly, unreasonably optimistic.
If I get additional info from the seller, I will expand this posting to include it; if anyone else is successful in getting the seller's co-operation, let us know what he says.
And, while this may be a "holy grail" of LED watches, I would disagree with the "extremely rare" part of the description; there are many Pulsar models that are 2 to 20 times rarer...the 7725, the 3140, the 7409, and the 1201 and 1211 (and I'm sure there are a few others). So, given that, I would call the Limited Edition "rare", but not extraordinarily so.

coconutman351

Techie

Techie

Post16 Oct 2018, 07:08

Thank you Bruce for your insights into this listing. This listing will probably expire with no buyer.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post16 Oct 2018, 07:27

Of that, I have absolutely no doubt. We're about four times above realistic value here (along with the $19K Classic Calculator, and the $27.5K Tiffany one). Oh, how I wish the stuff in my collection was really worth these prices...

coconutman351

Techie

Techie

Post16 Oct 2018, 08:41

Haha, Bruce if you could sell your entire collection based on these highly unrealistic prices consider early retirement, it would be an unbelievable return on your investment. But with that said, some timepieces you can't really put a price on. My first P3 gold filled is still my favorite Pulsar! It's amazing how only people with a sharp eye notice these vintage LED timepiece. I still have your 3502-A and B models in pristine condition.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post20 Oct 2018, 12:21

Great to see a new survivor (if that what it turns out to be) Coconutman , like You, my favourite watch is the first "proper" one i bought, a gold filled Omega TC1. I can still remember my excitement when it arrived, the start to a very expensive addiction lol

coconutman351

Techie

Techie

Post20 Oct 2018, 23:49

OMG tell me about it, here's the result of that initial P3 purchase! Can't have just one Pulsar!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton